+1

Have you seen my 500 RPM?

05 RXT I bought last year with 55 hours on it currently has 65 hours. Never been able to get more than 7600 rpm out of it.

Here's the details:

The guy I bought it from was the second owner and knew little about the ski other than he bought it at 32 hours and had ceramic washers replaced with steel. I see that the charger has been touched (small amount of sealant between charger halves poking out)

The ski came with an R&D grate and a Solas prop (I don't remember what pitch).

This year I have done the following to get more RPM out of it:

-new OEM wear ring
    -prop refurbished by Impros
    -fresh 93 gas
    -new plugs
    -oil change and verified oil is exactly mid mark on dip stick while ski is in the water after 30 second run/ 30 second wait.

All intercooler hoses appear to be tight. I tried to spin charger wheel by hand and it didn't turn.

Ski runs great other wise and no cavitation out of the hole. Today I saw 7550 on fairly smooth water at 85 degrees @ 1200' above sea level.

I have not tried without the seat.

MY thought is that since the ski has an aftermarket grate and prop that it may have had additional mods that were removed before being sold to the second owner and the prop may be too tall without the other mods. I really wished I paid attention to what size prop when I sent to Impros.

Thoughts?

+1
    my stock 215 T does 7800+ and the dream meter says 70

It's easy to pull the impeller...before racking your brain, I say just yank it back out and see what's stamped on it and/or have it measured to really know.

Is that an external IC?? Check to make sure it's not leaking! Drive it and heat it up good and then pull the IC-TB pipe off and see if it sprays water under throttle!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    It's easy to pull the impeller...before racking your brain, I say just yank it back out and see what's stamped on it and/or have it measured to really know.

Is that an external IC?? Check to make sure it's not leaking! Drive it and heat it up good and then pull the IC-TB pipe off and see if it sprays water under throttle!

Internal IC- still a leak maybe?

I'll pull the pump and verify prop- wish I kept my paperwork from Impros.

Anything else I should check?

Yea pretty much stuck without knowing the pitch. Everything is a complete guess until exact pitch is known. Double checking - you said you did all those mods, or that you're going to do them?

+1
    All those mods were done.

I want to throw an et 127 wheel and 4" air this winter when I send the charger to Jerry. I want to make sure the ski is "healthy" before I start throwing go faster parts at it.

That's the smart way...solve your issues before adding more stuff

Thread Information