Oil warning light

I have an 05 R12X and been having the oil warning light come on for about a month now. I checked the oil it was fine so I changed it, oil light still comes on so I replaced both high and low oil sensors, light still comes on, but only once engine is good and hot. So now what, I have read most of the threads on this problem and the next step I think would be the ecm, but not sure, I just want more opinions. I have checked connections and wires and the look good too. I just don't want to buy a new ecm, which isn't a pretty penny, and still have the problem.
    Thanks

Nothing, well I forgot to mention that it is only the high oil pressure light that comes on, it goes into limp mode but does not shut engine off and also before the alarm comes on the engine stutters, surges and then a couple seconds later the alarm comes on. Something else, if it was the ecm why is it just the oil warning, I don't know really anything of the computers so most of this stuff just doesn't make sense.

Can anybody just confirm that my next step would be an ecm.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Check your wire harness completely for rubbing or chaffing but yes, I have seen the ECU get "hot" and malfunction and throw Knock sensor and temp sensor and Oil pressure codes.......everything goes through ECU then to dash instruments

Thanks for the reply. How do I go about checking the wire harness since it has electrical tape and the plastic tubing around it, do I need to take all the stuff off or is there a way with a volt meter?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Its best to remove the "upper wire harness" engine harness from engine and ski and inspect it, and you can ohm the wires out back to ECU plug.....if that is okay then you need the expensive ECU unit......just need to make sure its nothing else before you get a ECU

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    when you remove the harness just the engine harness, not the power harness you can do a visual and see if harness has rub spots or melted from hot engine parts, then it is easier to ohm it out and do a inspection on it

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    when you install it back you can use light coat of dielectric grease on the sensor connections and ECU plug to protect from moisture

Thread Information