Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 300X - Does this sound normal?

I just installed the R&D SCOM and I think it fells a little snappier - It pulls really hard and fast up to about half throttle and I get to about 63-64 MPH (Speedo) and then it kind of levels out for the rest of the throttle until I pull the throttle all of way open and then I fell a little extra push and I am getting to 67 MPH (speedo - 7270 RPM) and it will stay there - (Lake water - very small chop - air temp 85 - water temp 70+)

My question is it seems not much more power is happening from 1/2 throttle until I get to full throttle - dose that sound correct?

Also side note: I have 2 very small blemishes on the impeller when I sucked up a small pebble - it looks really tiny and everything else looks good - I am going to have issues with that? - I feel some cavitation when turning hard and pressing the throttle - or is that kinda of normal when turning or do I need a new impeller

Thanks for the feedback

+1
    You should be getting higher revs than 7270 with the SCOM installed. From what I can recall I think I was getting up around 7800-7900 with the stock prop, as for the speed I think the speedo peaks out at 67mph. I wouldn't worry too much about small blemishes for now on your prop. Who installed your SCOM and what speeds/RPM's were you getting without the SCOM?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Scom not working me says

I installed it

Took out the brown & white wire, installed the blue wire in its place - hooked it up to the spare battery connector - everything seems to work fine - the display does not show any codes - If I installed it wrong - wouldn't there be a code or the ski not run up to 67MPH? ( might be going a little faster, however don't have a GPS the measure it

I got the rpm reading off of the gauge cluster from the highest reading memory - how can I test to make sure the SCOM is even working?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Select RPM on display and do a wot run an actually watch for max rpm , font use rpm recall feature

Sound like scom isnt working if only getting 7200 ish rpm

Banned User
    +1
    Check and adjust your throttle cable. Make sure it opens fully. My ski turns 76-7800 without a scom.

Called R&D - spoke to Glenn, He said he thinks it is not working also. I sent it back and they are sending me a new unit. I will let you guys know how it works when i get it installed

Thanks for the replies - you guys really helped out a lot

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnaut View Post
    Called R&D - spoke to Glenn, He said he thinks it is not working also. I sent it back and they are sending me a new unit. I will let you guys know how it works when i get it installed

Thanks for the replies - you guys really helped out a lot
    But why are you only seeing 7200 rpm if its not working. ? Still does not add up. Stock it should be way higher

What should the RPM be stock? with out the SCOM?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john arnaut View Post
    what should the rpm be stock? With out the scom?
    --------------
    ~ 7650 rpm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information