RXP-X 12 Fault code P0106, What to do?

Hello guys!

Ima a newbie to this forum, and i also bought my first scooter last week, a early august 2012 RXP-X, been running for 40 hours.
    The ski has a problem, it gives me a P0106 Pressure out of range at intake manifold.
    the ski is still under warranty, but were working alongside a workshop a workshop up north here in sweden.

So, the fault code is thrown around 5700-6000RPM, the boost gauge shows goes up to about half. The ski feels dull, almost like missing 100HP.
    We've pressurized the IC, and we found no leaks, didn't use a pressuremeter but there was quite alot of pressure as we removed the cap.
    We've removed the throttle house from the intake to see if there were any leaks, which there weren't. We've switched the pressure-meter to my friends working one (whom also has a 2012 RXP-X).
    We've checked the the soft hose before the supercharger, it doesn't budge as you give it some gas on the water.

But, some of the hoses has some grey goo inside, perhaps from the SC? And if you remove the soft air-hose and feel the wheel and axle of the SC, you can move it perhaps a millimeter side to side, quite more than my friends RXP-X whichs SC wheels a bit more sturdier.

Anyone got an idea what the heck i am to do next? Or am i close to a SC failure after 40H of runtime?
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards Kim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bergstromkim View Post
    Hello guys!

Ima a newbie to this forum, and i also bought my first scooter last week, a early august 2012 RXP-X, been running for 40 hours.
    The ski has a problem, it gives me a P0106 Pressure out of range at intake manifold.
    the ski is still under warranty, but were working alongside a workshop a workshop up north here in sweden.

So, the fault code is thrown around 5700-6000RPM, the boost gauge shows goes up to about half. The ski feels dull, almost like missing 100HP.
    We've pressurized the IC, and we found no leaks, didn't use a pressuremeter but there was quite alot of pressure as we removed the cap.
    We've removed the throttle house from the intake to see if there were any leaks, which there weren't. We've switched the pressure-meter to my friends working one (whom also has a 2012 RXP-X).
    We've checked the the soft hose before the supercharger, it doesn't budge as you give it some gas on the water.

But, some of the hoses has some grey goo inside, perhaps from the SC? And if you remove the soft air-hose and feel the wheel and axle of the SC, you can move it perhaps a millimeter side to side, quite more than my friends RXP-X whichs SC wheels a bit more sturdier.

Anyone got an idea what the heck i am to do next? Or am i close to a SC failure after 40H of runtime?
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards Kim
    You may have a defective air temp sensor or manifold pressure sensor.
    Also if you still have original IC make sure to replace it with a different one.

We have tried another manifold pressure sensor, but it didnt make any difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    Also if you still have original IC make sure to replace it with a different one.
    Are you thinking the IC is leaking causing the sensor to go bad?

Also the gray goo is not a good sign. May be the SC seal went bad.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    I had the same deal and the hose going to the s/c was sucking in under hard load try a test ride with it off, the ski I had doing it was throwing the code and new sensor etc didn't fix it.the rubber hose goes soft where the oil breather plugs into it.

So, we found the problem. The SC has failed. The bearings were shaped like cubes, the few bearings that were still inside the SC. We found broken parts of some gear inside the engine, so a complete failure.

Not bad for a 40h 2012 rxp.

Thread Information