Jumping waves..????

How much of a beating can the hulls on these speedsters take?

Does anyone jump the bigger waves created by the bigger boats or do you come to a stop to take them??

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

I wouldn't jump them!

Here's a photo of what will happen if your jumpin wake with your new boat. Ive also heard of the hulls cracking if you abuse them too much. If you wanna get air-born get a ski or wave-runner. I hope sea doo took care of the helm coming loose problem on the 2007 models. I fixed my own loose helm problem buy running a small bolt through the fiberglass and into the bracket. Seadoo used epoxy and thats why they all come loose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1037.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	18532  

Helm Problem Fix Photo by HoldNon

Here is an after photo of the Helm after I fixed it with a small bolt and white plastic cap/washer. I'm happy with the way It came out. Just make sure if you ever have to do this fix use a stainless steel bolt,nut and washer so it does't rust and make a run stain on the fiberglass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helmfix.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	18534  

OUCH....

What about the medium waves.. I live on the mississippi river and there are alot of BIG bajas/cruzers on the main channel..

Jumpin Waves

What I usally do is slow up a little till I get on top of the wave/Wake and then hit the thottle when your up on top of the wake, so you come down off of it quickly. This is still alot of fun and it doesn't hurt your azz and your boat like jumping will. Youl get use to it quickly. Have funn....When does the new boat come in? Spring is almost here I can't wait to get out on the water with my Sportster

2-3 weeks and it will be here!! I cant wait..

Brian

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by welterracer View Post
    What about the medium waves.. I live on the mississippi river and there are alot of BIG bajas/cruzers on the main channel..
    I had a 2001 Speedster on the Hudson River. It was rough - to - uncomfortable on the medium chop but on the big wakes it was outstanding.

Time the first one right to come down the back of the second and NAIL the throt. You'll get the hang of it. When you land it wrong you'll FEEL IT.

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    Here is an after photo of the Helm after I fixed it with a small bolt and white plastic cap/washer. I'm happy with the way It came out. Just make sure if you ever have to do this fix use a stainless steel bolt,nut and washer so it does't rust and make a run stain on the fiberglass.
    The dealer fix is to install a brace, which I had them do to mine. The plastic trim that covers the gap between the helm and the hull may eventually keep coming loose as well. I removed mine and filled with white marine rtv. Once or twice a season you should tighten all nuts, bolts, screws and clamps on the boat.

As far as wave jumping, the boat will handle anything you can throw at it, you on the other hand will be one sore puppy. Learning the the smoothest way across waves and wakes will make sure your passengers stay your friends and don't hand you any chiropractor bills. These boats are very stable at crossing waves with a very narrow angle, so that you 'roll' across the wave peak and into the trough. Experiment with different methods at slower speeds and you should figure it out pretty quick and not have to back off the throttle at all or in some instances as you say...ease into it and power off the top.

Thread Information