Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cool Labor Day weekend, where to ride(tampa bay-Clearwater -Wesley Chapel)

Gm, so I'm going to Wesley Chapel Florida for the long weekend and taking my ski and my brothers father inlaw is bringing his ski too. I will like to ring a place near by that we can take the family and kids and enjoy a nice day on the skis, if it had a beach, that will be a plus.
    My brother found a place called clear springs, does anyone know of this place, an if it has a beach and can we ride the ski ? Anyone riding that week d near Wesley Chapel ?
    Any advice will be great. We are just looking for a spot to ride and enjoy a good day on the water.
    Thank you
    Last edited by jtswatertoy; 08-23-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Locations on title

+1
    http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html - over 200 miles of downloadable trails on this page in the TB area. Waypoints include beaches, islands, restaurants, bar/lounges, marinas, ramps... Hope this helps - good luck.

+1
    Launch right off Dunedin Causeway......jet ski launch area right on the intercoastal. You are right in the middle of everything from that spot. If you map it, it's on the way to honeymoon island, road is Curlew. You will see bunches of other skis there and could probably tag along to a few sandbars/islands. You could shuttle people to some cool spots just minutes away by ski.

+1
    Being that you might have at least like 6-8 people, including kids, and only two skis, I would recommend Fort De Soto, specifically North Beach. Right when you go into the park there is a boat ramp with great amenities, including fresh water for a flush and wash, as well as ample parking. The rest of the family can drive to the parking for North Beach and use that parking lot to walk to the beach. Then just swing around on the skis and meet them at the beach, it is like a 5 min ride. The beach does have a swim zone, but if you walk North for about 50yards from the most northern entrance, the swim zone ends and you can beach/anchor the skis with no issues from the life guards.

That location is great for just riding around, and is relatively close to Egmont Key, Anna Maria Island, and Shell Key. It is personally of of my favorites to go with the skis and family. Being that it is labor day weekend, I recommend heading out there early before the rush starts showing up at both the beach and ramp, helps to beat that traffic on i275 as well. There is a $6 fee for the ramp and $5 for the beach parking, as well as some tolls, but I feel it's worth it for the clean beach and great location.

Hope that helps out!

+1
    Sorry I have not had the time to reply, I've been so busy with work and other things.
    I will check into all the recommended sites.
    Keep them coming.
    Thank you all

+1
    I'm liking what i see. Now i just need to research for the best possible rides. Fort De Soto looks really good as well as Dunedin Causeway

+1
    You can't go wrong with either spot. Hit both, one on each weekend day.

+1
    I like hanging out right by Hogans Beach/Whiskey Joe's in Tampa Bay cause there are usually a lot of modded skis there that like to race lol. I will be there this weekend at some point not sure which day yet.

+1
    How is the weather lookin for the weekend, around Wesley Chapel / Tampa ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information