96 SL 780 Misfire only 4000 no red light flasihing

I had this ski running great,new motor and fuel pump, it got water in the gas and I had to separate out the water. Then it ran great again but took ski out today it wouldn't go past 4200 like the limp mode, but it does seem to have a mis and plugs look good. Also tach didn't work for a while but when I got it home it was ok. There is a fill plug over the magneto, what is that used for and maybe I have to clean the pickups.
    All carbs are getting gas, all plugs do fire yet I have this misfire and limit to 4200. Also compression is good and exactly thesame on all cylinders. Whe I got water in the gas the exhaust gummed up and maybe I have restriction in the exhaust? Please help.
    frank

+1
    have the carbs been gone thru recently

do u have the original grey bad fuel lines ?

Yes the carbs are new and black lines. I did have water in the fuel tank from a cracked fuel filler neck but that is fixed and problem occured after that water in tank issue.
    frank

It seems the Mag Carb is dumping fuel. Is this something I can take apart and fix or will it require a rebuild?
    frank

+1
    the kits are 35$ each to rebuild the carbs and its super easy , I would pull it apart sound slike the needle is stuck , give them a lil over look and clean , there are diagrams on here and google so u can see how they come apart

+1
    Check out this thread - similar issue to yours....
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204640

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999-SLTX View Post
    the kits are 35$ each to rebuild the carbs and its super easy , I would pull it apart sound slike the needle is stuck , give them a lil over look and clean , there are diagrams on here and google so u can see how they come apart
    Where are you buying the Mikuni SBN 38 kits for $35 each? Are these genuine Mikuni parts with a new needle and seat?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    Where are you buying the Mikuni SBN 38 kits for $35 each? Are these genuine Mikuni parts with a new needle and seat?
    powersports super store , http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Miku...-/170981538155 or http://www.partsreloaded.com/PWC/Air...48604e49b9c7d1

but I don't think there oem

I was actually referring to a kiehin kit , lol but here is the mikuni

SUCCESS, I have problem solved. The diaphragm in Mag carb shifted when I blew air through it. Also the Center and Pto carbs still had water in them from two weeks ago I took everyting apart, cleaned carbs, all parts looked new as I thought and it ran like a clock. The only thing is mag cyclinder seems a little hotter and I have high speeds out 3/4. Also I want to say that the Polaris owners here are VERY SUPPORTIVE. You guys are great and so are these skis.
    frank

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFishCrisis View Post
    powersports super store , http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Miku...-/170981538155 or http://www.partsreloaded.com/PWC/Air...48604e49b9c7d1

but I don't think there oem

I was actually referring to a kiehin kit , lol but here is the mikuni
    For future reference, and for anyone who stumbles upon this later, Note that these do not indicate Genuine Mikuni parts and do not come with needles and seats.

Thread Information