15f nearly drowned

hey was out on 15f today when it started to bog down so headed for shore.turned out it was1/2 full of water. the hose from pump to engine, at bottom of drive shaft area had blowin off. anyway on ramp oil was clean so ran it up. idled rough but reved up fine. then got a oilh error. wouldnt start after that so took it up on the flat and the oil was milky. now would this set off that error? the plan is to suck oil out fill run suck out ect. can i use a cheaper oil then the full syn i usually use to do this? any tips for changing filter with intake still on? how didiget waterin the sump? cheers guys

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    4 to 5 oil changes with cheap oil and running it for about 10 between oil changes straight away.
    Do not let it sit With milky oil in engine

+1
    You probably got water in the air intake, which got sucked into the cylinders and dripped into the oil.

Before doing anything, remove the airbox and make sure there's no water in it. Also, be sure to drain the intake manifold. There's a drain plug at the rear of the manifold.

If the oil level is high, siphon out some oil before cranking the motor.

Then, remove all spark plugs and crank the motor to see if water shoots out. Crank until water stops shooting out.

After making sure your intake and cylinders are dry, then start changing the oil. Cheap oil is OK, or you can even put in clean used oil. Just run it until the oil is hot, then repeat the process. Two or three oil changes should clean out the oil. Just look for milky oil and condensation in the oil fill cap to see if more changes are needed.

Don't wait too long to do this. If you sucked in salt water, the inside of your motor can start to deteriorate within a few hours.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I did it to my ski, I ran cheap oil through it and changed a few times, then when most of moisture was gone I ran it under load and got it hot to evaporate the rest out of crankcase vent....then changed it again. I reused my oil filter a few times and just dumped the milky oil out of it....when I took it out I had a fresh filter on, but while on trailer I just keep using one Filter to save some $.....I deserved it LOL it was my fault

Cheers guys. So cold i use car oil for flush as we dont have a cheap synthetic oil down here in nz all about $100. Just worried might of cooked it riding it back in. Its new engine first time on the water. Anyone know what that oilh code accually is?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yea I used car oil to flush out

oilh might mean High oil pressure, due to being overfilled or having water in it making it milky

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    oilH is a temp warning.

Sean

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    oilH is a temp warning.

Sean
    Yep usually associated with fkd motor

Thread Information