Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild or sell

Rebuild or sell

Hey guys,
    I'm new to this forum I have a 04' RXP that let go of the S/C washers, I have ordered the front and rear pump gears and housings and will be having the S/C rebuilt The engine is out and apart. I am debating on cracking open the engine and installing new bearings and rings along with Riva valaves I'm not looking to race the boat but just make it better than what Seadoo should of done. My other option is to repair what was broken and sell it and buy a Yamaha GP1300R, Seadoo has a lot of issues with RXP like the S/C , valves letting go, flywheel bolts breaking ect.. Is this RXP worth investing the money to fix the weak parts that Seadoo did not.. Please help...

+1
    If you already have it all apart just replace the flywheel bolts and the valves if you've already ordered all the other parts. Then all the weak points have been addressed and you will have a gas and go ski, not an old 2 stroker you'll always have issues with. Imho

+1
    You are already considering replacing the so why not just keep the boat???A motor with new bearings,rings and valves should be good to go for a long time if done right...all you have left to do is the flywheel bolts which dont cost squat....now you have a fresh,updated motor that should have no issues for a long time if put back together correctly..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    You are already considering replacing the so why not just keep the boat???A motor with new bearings,rings and valves should be good to go for a long time if done right...all you have left to do is the flywheel bolts which dont cost squat....now you have a fresh,updated motor that should have no issues for a long time if put back together correctly..

Are there any other parts that I should consider, should I replace the rod bolts, flywheel bolts, crank bolts with ARP bolts, how about the timing chain...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jam019 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Are there any other parts that I should consider, should I replace the rod bolts, flywheel bolts, crank bolts with ARP bolts, how about the timing chain...

you dont need to go ARPs..OEM are just fine,and yes you will want to replace them as they are stretch bolts and should not be re-used....as far as other parts??I would recommend the timing chain,you already have the oil pumps,valves,rings and bearings considered, i would have the block and head decked/checked for flatness...other than your gaskets and seals you should be good to go..

+1
    Fix it and keep it.

Going to GP1300R chances are you'll be wrenching on just as much if not more. If you really wanted to dump it and buy something look more into a 2010+ RXP-X or T-X.

Banned User
    +1
    Don't go backwards with a 2 stroke, fix what you got

+1
    Lol, going back to a 2 stroke Yami!! No way you'll have less problems!

Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Lol, going back to a 2 stroke Yami!! No way you'll have less problems!
    I'm just looking to make this boat reliable not a racer, hey guys thanks very much for your input...

+1
    my factory flywheel bolts were a2 soft stainless and I took them out by hand. That's how loose they were and I'm not exaggerating. Replaced em with low class grade 8 and some thread lock for about $8. Not worried at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information