Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New to forum and pwc's

Hello everyone. I am looking in the future to buy a seadoo. I found this forum and have been researching to see what would be best for me. My situation is a bit different than most because I have a disability affecting my legs. I can walk with canes but mostly use a wheelchair. I was on my brother in laws seadoo a couple weekends ago and I loved it (only ever been on one twice) but there was an obvious problem which is getting on and the stability of the seadoo when getting on. With his help I was able to get on while he held it steady and tried not to allow it to move to much. (Although a couple times he would move the seadoo and pretend to let go, ya he can be an a$$ lol) I am looking at the GTR 215 and am wondering if that is a stable seadoo? I am not worried about once I get on and situated its just getting on that is the problem. Would I be able to get on the seadoo while in the beach and resting on ground and then have someone push me out into deeper water and then I would start it? Thanks in advance!

+1
    I would think any ski would be stable to get on as long as you're beached and then have someone push you out into deep enough water to safely start it. As for the GTR 215...that's what I have and LOVE it. You can't go wrong with it.

+1
    Welcome to the forum and the sport world of PWC riding!

The seadoo gti and gtx hulls are stable. Note the importance of riding with friends and buddies on the water.

Certainly you getting abroad while on the trailer or beach may be a safer method for you.

Glad you are doing some research. Ask any questions you may have. This forum has a wealth of knowledge.

All the best!

So if I am going to use the beach to get on the seadoo will the sand/ground damage the hull? Is there any products that are available to make seadoos more stable when stopped and getting on or off?

+1
    You're going to get some "beach rash" along the bottom of the ski, but nothing detrimental to the ski. No product I know of to cover the entire bottom of the ski. More important you shutdown & restart the engine well away from the sandy bottom to protect pump, impeller, & wear ring. You can do this. You only live once. Go for it !!!

P.S. Sure you don't want a YAMAHA !!!

Sounds like yours is for sale !lol

I looked into the yamaha's because I am a big Yamaha fan. I own a 2004 660 grizzly and a 2009 Nytro xtx (a love/hate relationship with the nytro!) so naturally I looked into a Yamaha first. It just doesn't have the looks or features of the seadoo.

I am a bit nervous because next to no experience with pwc's and it is a significant amount of money for a toy. But where there is a will there is a way. I may have to do things different but hey that doesn't bother me I am very used to that. Once I get a couple bills paid off it will be my next significant purchase. I know I will love it because I love water, power, and speed. Here are a couple pictures of my yamaha's. PWC's aren't the only things that are fun on water! That is me and the missus on the quad (yes we always wear helmets we were just stopped in case anyone was wondering)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grizzly.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	311359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nytro on water.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	311360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nytro 1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	311361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nytro 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	311362

Skis today are so much bigger and heavier than they were 10 and 20yrs ago. My 2 seater RXP is 800lbs dry. My 96 2-stroke was only 500, and THAT was was relatively stable. I've never come close to flipping my RXP over while boarding anyone. A 3-seater would be that much more stable!

So, other than that....as mentioned, just watch that you don't start the motor in less than 3ft, most especially if you're in loose gravel/rock - even sand beaches. As far as scuffs and scratches on the bottom, that's no big deal since it wont literally cause any problems. Hell, I'm in the desert....you don't wanna see the bottom of my hull, lol. We have NOWHERE safe to pull over and beach!

Well on paper the GTR looks like it would be more stable at rest than a GTX/RXT hull. It is .3 inches wider and has a little less deadrise at the transom than an S3 hull. I think you sit a little lower on it too.

+1
    Very nice custom Grizzly. You don't necessarily have to buy brand new, but you would love the rush of that GTR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rxt260_IS View Post
    Well on paper the GTR looks like it would be more stable at rest than a GTX/RXT hull. It is .3 inches wider and has a little less deadrise at the transom than an S3 hull. I think you sit a little lower on it too.
    I was looking into this as well and I think it might be more suited. What is the difference in the S3 Hull and this hull? Is it just smoother on rougher water? I have read a lot on here and people who have the gtr say it handles rough water no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Very nice custom Grizzly. You don't necessarily have to buy brand new, but you would love the rush of that GTR !!!
    Thanks I love that grizzly. Has amazing pulling power.

I thought about buying used but we have a lot of salt water here and with this being my first pwc purchase I think it might be better if I bought new. I may be just over paranoid but it helps the mind a bit just knowing what I put a machine through and not knowing what someone else put it through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information