09 Ultra 260X LOW TOP SPEED ? Need help !

Hi guys ! I recently bought a Kawasaki ultra 260x 2009 with 21 hours on it. The watercraft was in perfect condition and I even went to the dealer and asked him to connect the computer to the watercraft to see if any error codes would appear. His computer detected no error codes. I have been riding it for about 10 hours now and the FASTEST I WENT WITH IT IS 57 MPH. When i look on the internet for the top speed of other ultra 260x riders, they seems to get their watercraft to 65 MPH, 70 MPH and even slighty more. So i would like to have your opinions on what the problem could be and maybe the top speed of other people's ultra 260x. For your information, I ride on bought flat and rough waters.

Please help me !! I need to be scared at full throttle !!!!

+1

09 Ultra 260X LOW TOP SPEED ? Need help !

What rpms are you turning?
    Did you change the plugs? Oil change? Give us more info and we can help you out.
    Was that a GPS speed reading? The speedo on the ski is not accurate at all and if the paddle whell sensor has been moved it will be way off.

Thanks for the quick answer KawiMike .

When I bought the watercraft, the guy told me the plugs and the oil had been change. I did not verify the plugs since I have it but i did verify the oil and I could tell that it was almost new (slighty transparent Brown oil). Even there... do you really think that old plugs and oil would affect the top speed of over 10 MPH ?!?

For the rpm, i did not check on the digital gage at wide open throttle but it was definetely over 7500 rpm on the cluster. ( I will take a look at what rpm im turning at wide open throttle next time for sure)

And finally, it was not a GPS reading and i know that the speedo is not quite accurate on watercraft but i tried my friends GTX 260 IS today and hit 70 MPH and i could definitely tell that my kawi was not going that fast ( I was very pissed lol )

I did not have the chance to race my friends GTX since I got the watercraft 2 weeks ago but I definitely what to compare our speed readings !

Hopefully someone can give me a hand !!!

**I'm from quebec, sorry if my English terms aren't always appropriate **

+1
    The 260's, depending on weather and water conditions, would usually run anywhere between 65-69 stock. Get a look at your impeller and check for nicks in the blades and excessive clearance between the blades and the pump. Check make sure all your hoses to and from the supercharger and intercooler are on properly and the hose clamps are tight. A boost leak will cause a loss in speed

+1
    your friends ski isnt as accurate as you think only way to tell is use a gps and watch the rpms at wot on the fly not the stored amount..

Thread Information