Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Whats the best option for me?

Hey, toying with the idea of adding a second newer ski to the mix. I want something small and nimble, easy to throw around and take corners, but quick, and stable. 2 person minimum. I was checking out the wake 155's but just want opinions on what would get me a good all around ski. something that does 40+ is nice, i dont need a 70 mph rocketship. Im thinking either this fall or spring of doing some shopping and seeing what i can find, i just dont know where to start!

Nate

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Price range?

How old/new a machine are you thinking of?

Do you want something that technically can carry two people, or something larger that is comfortable for two people?

+1
    Ah right, leaving these details out. id like to find something pre-owned most likely under the 10 mark. i don't want to go older than say a 04-05 but thats not set in stone. id like a fun single person ski that can handle two people. i dont need a comfy two person, the girlfriend isnt too huge on long trips on the back of the WR500 so i dont think that will change.

i was looking at the GTS/GTI 130, as they are pretty good pricing for brand new. I also want to avoid a supercharger. from what ive found, seadoo and supercharger is like chrysler and electrical, just not a good idea without extra money needed for repairs/rebuilds. im on the fence with seadoo though, reliability wise, as i like something i can count on.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Any thing is a step up from the WR500....sorry just had to be said , VX110 would be night and day difference and run for ever with decent maintance routine...and can be had in the $3000-$5000.....1000+ hours isnt un heard of on these skis....If you are saying under $10K, there are a lot of skis that will fit that bill...15f. VX110, Deluxe, VXr/s....Cant tell you anything about a Seadoo....never have considered them since my first ski in 1993 was a Seadont........

+1
    Gpr sounds like the perfect ski for you.... Unless you are set on 4 stroke.

+1
    the vx110 is too big for me, id rather have something a bit smaller. the GPR series seem like the right area, and two stroke doesnt bother me one bit. I like carb'd machines also, easier to tune and work with rather then the computer controlled sensor systems. the other one i was checking out was the yami entry ski, the VX sport. thoughts on it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
    the vx110 is too big for me, id rather have something a bit smaller. the GPR series seem like the right area, and two stroke doesnt bother me one bit. I like carb'd machines also, easier to tune and work with rather then the computer controlled sensor systems. the other one i was checking out was the yami entry ski, the VX sport. thoughts on it?
    Everyone that have a VXS/R here sounds like the love them.... I would not hesitate to buy one myself. But if you like to wrench you could buy 3 GPRs for the price of one VX....

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The VX 110 , VX Deluxe , VX Sport and the VXr/s's are the same hull.....

You need to try to test ride some of these skis, they may look bigger, but act a lot smaller than they look....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJ View Post
    ... I like carb'd machines also, easier to tune and work with rather then the computer controlled sensor systems...
    The modern fuel injected machines tend to work well. No 'tuning', no carb adjustments, no choke, no fuel selector valve, no fuel leaks, generally no issues.

If you want a machine that is water ready, all the time, look for modern fuel injection, not carbs.

Most of the time 'tuning' on carb engines means correcting a problem, not making it better

+1
    haha well, getting it just right for the water temp is the hardest, when starting from book specs. i will have to get out and see them in person. I havent riden any, but would like to. wheres there a yamaha dealer in the GTA? preferably southern area

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information