Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Leaky IC, or THAT much condensation?!! Video

Okay mechanical experts, what do ya think? A lot of us have been running various brands of external ICs for quite some time now. Also, some of us have (seemingly??) discovered leaky ICs, spraying a LOT of water into our motors. Are these ICs leaking, or are all external IC's cooling efficiency just THAT good? I think this should be figured out once and for all, for the benefit of us all (buyers, sellers, whoever)!
    Guys like me who are experiencing performance symptoms, checking their IC's and finding ridiculous water spray coming from them....well, how about all you guys with NO performance symptoms on an external IC??? --> are you ALSO spraying water with an external IC and just not knowing it because of having no reason to check?! And by checking, I'm not talking about bullshit, misleading bench-testing crap....I'm talking about testing it in the real world, after a solid engine warm-up and pulling the pipe to see if it sprays water. I am using a 3rd IC (THREE) and all of them have been found to spray this much water!!! This video is a brand spanking new Fizzle HE cooler (IC #3) during the FIRST ride after heating up the motor/cooler:

Now here's the confusing part. I haven't checked with this 3rd cooler just yet, and probably haven't ridden long enough with it yet, but with my first 2 coolers I have found debris from the river and lake inside my intake manifold. A coating of greenish, slimy, gritty residue slung all along the inside of the manifold. I've seen this by looking through the IC block-off hole in the front end. BigDaddyRXP seems to already be convinced that his Riva cooler is just THAT efficient, and sprays that much water under "normal" conditions....So, besides the filth I've seen in my intake from coolers # 1 and 2, are we ALL spraying our engines with external ICs (**real world, on a hot motor!**)??
    Maybe everybody should check, even if you're not experiencing performance symptoms. I'm sure if we were all spraying our motors with water, we'd all like to be aware of it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Okay mechanical experts, what do ya think? A lot of us have been running various brands of external ICs for quite some time now. Also, some of us have (seemingly??) discovered leaky ICs, spraying a LOT of water into our motors. Are these ICs leaking, or are all external IC's cooling efficiency just THAT good? I think this should be figured out once and for all, for the benefit of us all (buyers, sellers, whoever)!
    Guys like me who are experiencing performance symptoms, checking their IC's and finding ridiculous water spray coming from them....well, how about all you guys with NO performance symptoms on an external IC??? --> are you ALSO spraying water with an external IC and just not knowing it because of having no reason to check?! And by checking, I'm not talking about bullshit, misleading bench-testing crap....I'm talking about testing it in the real world, after a solid engine warm-up and pulling the pipe to see if it sprays water. I am using a 3rd IC (THREE) and all of them have been found to spray this much water!!! This video is a brand spanking new Fizzle HE cooler (IC #3) during the FIRST ride after heating up the motor/cooler:

Now here's the confusing part. I haven't checked with this 3rd cooler just yet, and probably haven't ridden long enough with it yet, but with my first 2 coolers I have found debris from the river and lake inside my intake manifold. A coating of greenish, slimy, gritty residue slung all along the inside of the manifold. I've seen this by looking through the IC block-off hole in the front end. BigDaddyRXP seems to already be convinced that his Riva cooler is just THAT efficient, and sprays that much water under "normal" conditions....So, besides the filth I've seen in my intake from coolers # 1 and 2, are we ALL spraying our engines with external ICs (**real world, on a hot motor!**)??
    Maybe everybody should check, even if you're not experiencing performance symptoms. I'm sure if we were all spraying our motors with water, we'd all like to be aware of it!
    ... Told ya. Maybe that's just one helluva meth system.

+1
    Your saying that all condesation?

Seems like a lot of water.

4. +1 by:

Told me what exactly?....I want someone to tell me either A) **every** external IC sprays the shit out of everybody's engine (NOT by bench tests) or B) I'm lucky enough to be on a 3rd leaky IC.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

+1
    I vote 3rd leaker.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Your saying that all condesation?

Seems like a lot of water.

Noo......I'm posting this thread to ask how could it be possible/is it possible/who else gets this/etc? Yea, that's a lotta fukn water....its either I'm lucky to leak every damn IC, or we are ALL getting this with external coolers - and ONLY guys with reason to check are finding this water spray

I have a performance issue with my ski....an ongoing issue working on 2 MF'ing years

So, is it 3 leaky ICs, or do I STILL have an underlying mechanical issue which is continually masked in cold water and/or air by way of THREE external ICs that spray the same amount of water into my engine - all sharing identical symptoms, under all environmental conditions (lake vs river, winter vs summer, bench tests vs real world)? WTF?

So.....if I was using ANY external IC, I'd be checking to see if it sprays like mine (plural) have!

+1
    told you months ago it was a leaky IC. If you had a bucket of ice and aimed an industrial heater at it that's about what you would get.

If this is the 3'rd one then you need to leak down/compression test your rig since that would beat the living shit out of the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    told you months ago it was a leaky IC. If you had a bucket of ice and aimed an industrial heater at it that's about what you would get.
    Yes, that's true....I was checking to see if that's what you meant Well between a few guys convincing me so, such as yourself, I've been on this wild goose chase - only to find out 3 ICs are all spraying water. So, what gives? I'm beginning to have trouble believing that I'm blessed enough to have 3 IC (2 different types) leak on me. Including BigDaddyRXP's recent findings on his Riva. Is his leaking, or is he "lucky" like me....or do we all have coolers that create that much condensation, and only some of us realizing it?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205397

+1
    I'd be pissed dropping that much coin and having it spray like a pregnant woman into my engine. I have never seen an IC cause that much condensation. I guess it's possible but we ran a 4" IC tucked into phenolic and it would drip and finely mist, not garden hose the intake.

Buy a core and have Rage Fab tank it like I did. He tests em after he builds em.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information