Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Water spots even after washing

I need some help getting rid of water spots that I can't seem to get off for some reason. I have washed it 4 time since I've gotten it and have had it out 4 weekends. So, I'm washing after each weekend. However, the water spots even after washing are not going away. Actually, they are covering more and more area. I will post a pic later of what I'm talking about. I guess I don't understand why they don't come off after washing like they do with my trailblazer. The spots arent as bad on the plastic surfaces, so really just having an issue on the black paint on my gtr. I have been using a soft hand mop and a wash and wax type car wash solution for washing. Please help, I hate how its starting to look. I'm new to washing marine vehicles, so hopefully its me and not something with the pwc.

Wash with vinegar poured all over your rag!

Youve most likely got hard water and need to use either the mr clean auto dry, or the windex window washer hose attachment kit.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    +1 on the vinegar ....I mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle, then wax ( I like the ICE wax, you can WAX EVERYTHING with no white residue) after wiping it down....

+1
    Ok, I will have to try the vinegar trick. Must have something to do with the lake water drying on it. Here is a picture of what I am talking about. This is right after washing it the last time. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0254.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	311525

Hard to see with the sun glare, but yea anytime you're fighting hard water the vinegar dissolves it. If its been sitting on there a long time you may need to make a 2nd and 3rd pass, but it will get it. I use a microfiber rag since they're soft and I need to basically buff mine with it since my water is pure mountain hard ass water. Shit spots up like a MFer after every ride. So, I don't even fight it often. I let the shit sit and then clean it when decide I feel like it

+1
    Now I'm anxious to try this out. Left it up north this time since we will be back up there this weekend. It almost looks like snake skin on the clear coat. Gives it a dull look, and being a month old really bothers me that it was looking like that.

Banned User
    +1
    Keep a bottle in your front bucket and spray down after use

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterguy00 View Post
    Now I'm anxious to try this out. Left it up north this time since we will be back up there this weekend. It almost looks like snake skin on the clear coat. Gives it a dull look, and being a month old really bothers me that it was looking like that.
    The last year I had my 2008 RXT-X, I rode it on our Lake, which has extremely hard water, and didn't clean it, until I got ready to sell it. So, for a year, I rode it, and just left the spots. It took just one pass with Distilled water/Vinegar, 70/30, and the boat looked shiny and spotless. I've been doing it this way for years, with this boat, on this Lake.
    Everyone knows just how bad Lake Havasu water spots a boat. But, they wipe right off.......
    I don't even bother with waxing-just a waste of time/money, IMHO. My 08 looked brand new when I sold it.

Now, my new 2013 GTX Limited, which is charcoal/black, gets spotted all to hell-after only 1 ride. But, I left the spots on there for a few rides, cleaned it up over the weekend, and again, just 1 pass-and it looked like it just rolled of the dealer's floor. The hard water spots will not hurt the gel coat. And, after using vinegar/water on my old Doo-that won't hurt the gel coat either(and, I never used wax).

+1
    Well, the vinegar and water combo definitely worked. So glad I don't have to look at those horrible water spots any longer. Thanks for the tips!

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information