Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger Drama

I need GH's help again!!! I have a 2006 GTX LTD with an 09 engine that has Riva air, Riva grate, 08+ mid-pipe and water box. It has a 215 SC that I planned on upgrading this winter, but it started slipping. I pulled it and put in two shims, and had it at 95 in/lbs. Unfortunately, my in/lb torque wrench only goes to 250 in/lbs, so I put my click type torque wrench on 22 ft/lbs and tried to torque the nut at the end of the shaft. SNAP!!! I torqued the bolt right off and now I need advise. I have an X Charger that I was going to install this winter, along with an external IC and some 42s. The problem I have now is that I don't have the 42s yet and the external IC(Fizzle) I have will require some serious time to install. The questions I have are: Can I run the X Charger with the internal IC and 38s without much trouble/damage over the Labor day weekend. Can I put the 42s in and hold off on the external IC install until winter? I'm not worried about receiving the max benefits of the X Charger right now. My time is very limited, so I just want to be able to ski this weekend without some serious wrenching or potential damage.

P.S. Thanks to everyone on GH that has helped me get this far! I bought the 06 GTX LTD last summer with a bad engine, for a great price though, and you all have helped me build it up to where I am now. It has been a great ski, until I broke it!!!

+1
    you can run the X-charger with the 42s on a stock ICer with no issues....38s??No....

Snoman to the rescue again! Thanks again!! I think you've probably helped me with the majority of my build, so you're more than welcome to ride my ski's anytime your in VA Beach!!!

+1
    been running the x-charger with 42's ,4'' intake for over 350 hrs on a 06 gtx limited with no issues . if you still have stock intake plumbing you could get by with 38's but 42's with 4" plumbing is the way to go i'm running about 68-69mph also have 14/19 solas catch can,r&d grate and tilt ring, hole filled

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gol4x View Post
    Snoman to the rescue again! Thanks again!! I think you've probably helped me with the majority of my build, so you're more than welcome to ride my ski's anytime your in VA Beach!!!
    LO...not a problem brotha...Anytime....Have to see if i ever make it out that way...if i do,then well make it a date..lol

+1
    I may as well tag along on this one... i did my charger tonight... and it's back in the ski. After that i got curious about some things and realized that i did my washers like this )()()ii], with the "i"s representing shims. It took 2 shims to get to 95 inch pounds. It's a stock 215 charger in a 2007 GTX limited. I know that this slip is low, but i'm not modded and it's in the middle of the 80-124 spec that seadoo recommends...Are the shims in a bad place? because i see now that ppl are putting them like this... )i()i()]. Do i need to pull it back out?

Banned User
    +1
    Put the shims in the way you see people doing it )i()i()]....If it does not get above 100, then everything is worn down to minimum or under spec, time for a rebuild....

+1
    It's a fresh whole rebuild kit...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    I may as well tag along on this one... i did my charger tonight... and it's back in the ski. After that i got curious about some things and realized that i did my washers like this )()()ii], with the "i"s representing shims. It took 2 shims to get to 95 inch pounds. It's a stock 215 charger in a 2007 GTX limited. I know that this slip is low, but i'm not modded and it's in the middle of the 80-124 spec that seadoo recommends...Are the shims in a bad place? because i see now that ppl are putting them like this... )i()i()]. Do i need to pull it back out?
    On the newer rebuild kits the L collar is not as wide/thick as the old styles..IF you still have that old collar try using that one instead..IF not then try putting your washers like this...)))()] or )((()] this has given me the highes amount of slip on a new kit without using shims...

10. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks Snoman! Your expertise is much appreciated. I will try all of the above, the first being the old L collar... It's coming back apart tonight, luckily it's an easy job for me. Hopefully that red loctite will come off easily, i'd hate to put the torch on a brand new rebuild kit to get it apart.

If i still don't get what i want as far as slip, what are the consequences of using the old spring washers? Do these give up their strength over time? Mine looked a little discolored near the inner diameter when i disassembled it but otherwise looked fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information