Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Is there a thread or has anyone have a parts list for a type 14 intercooler for a fzr

Is there a thread out there or has anyone have a list of parts needed to install a type 14 intercooler in a FZR. I've used the search tab and came up with nothing. I'm going to order it from frozenboost.com so if anyone knows the hoses and couplers needed that would be greatly appreciated.

It's custom work. It all depends how your custom made bracket will fit.

+1
    my girlfriend works at a machine shop so they will make me anything I want as long as I give them specs.

Ok, just get the intercooler, have them fab up the bracket and then go from there. That's pretty much the hardest part and you have the connect to get it done.

You'll know what piping you need once you have that done.

+1
    Funny. I seen those intercoolers also. Thought about doing the same. With the prices the big name companies ask, be worth a try.

+1
    I just ordered the type 14 from frozenboost. when I get it ill mock up some brackets and ill bring it to the machine shop to make for me. ill keep the exact specs of the brackets for anyone that wants to do it in the future. I was just hoping someone knew what hoses I had to order so I wouldn't have to wait

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/albu...hmentid=201783 look at the three photo's in my album...good way to mount the cooler... I used some 6061 bar stock and welded it to some plate to form a nice bracket that mounts in the stock location...simple bolt on cooler as long as you have a complete fabrication shop to go with it !
    Last edited by txgp1300r; 08-29-2013 at 04:34 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bscpaint View Post
    I just ordered the type 14 from frozenboost. when I get it ill mock up some brackets and ill bring it to the machine shop to make for me. ill keep the exact specs of the brackets for anyone that wants to do it in the future. I was just hoping someone knew what hoses I had to order so I wouldn't have to wait

wish i seen your thread before you ordered the cooler .

you will need 2 hoses for the top and 2 for the bottom. one hose from the charger to the I/c has to be a 90* hose 2 1/2 on both ends and the other a 90* aswell and 2 1/2 on one end and 3'' on the other end to go into the cooler. and you need a 2 1/2'' SS joiner pipe to join those 2 hoses toghether also sold at froozenboost. and 4 clamps.
    and for the bottom youll need one 45* hose 3'' on both ends and another hose 90* 3'' on one end and 2 3/4 on the other end that goes onto the throttle body, and a 3'' SS joiner pipe to join those two hoses toghether and 4 more clamps.

and you can weld a flange on the cooler itself and mount your BOV sorta in the same location as the riva cooler. or you can buy a 2 1/2 pipe with a BOV flange allready on it from froozenboost and put it in place of the joiner that connects the 2 top hoses toghether and mount the BOV there.

hope that helps..

+1
    Thankyou for everyones help Im going to mock it up with cardbord and ill post pictures of which one I decide to go with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information