Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 300x hesitation

Hey guys

have a 2011 ultra 300x - 14 hours on it and it just came back from the dealer for the 10 hour service (my son also has one so I can ride his to compare)

from a dead start it pulls really good to limiter, about half throttle, however when already crushing about 45 or so if I give it more throttle it seems to hang for a second or hesitate - then it pulls but the throttle is not instantaneous like my sons 300x -

his 300 seems to have instantaneous throttle response all of the time ( his has 11 hours) so I can tell there is a differance - very slight but there

A while ago I think I got some bad gas - dealer put stableizer in it and I added some octane booster - seemed to work fine - put some new 91 octant today (no ethanol) so I thought that might be the problem - so I stopped out on the lake and added some booster and stablizer to the tank - it seemed to have helped and run better when I added it ( I had some with me on the ski) but it still felt a little hesitation or sluggishness at mid throttle to full throttle

any ideas

+1
    well if it improved when you treated the fuel that must be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Nicjak - what do you think about running a injector cleaner through the system?
    Do you have a recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by John Arnaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Nicjak - what do you think about running a injector cleaner through the system?
    Do you have a recommendation?

Dont go running all kinds of crap through your ski, especially octane booster..... run it low, top it off with 93 and if anything run a tank of star-tron treated fuel through it.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arnaut View Post
    what do you think about running a injector cleaner through the system?
    I had my injectors professionally cleaned/flowed at 35 hrs and it made no difference. Tighten your battery terminals and check the electrical connections in general, that's what it was in my case. Seems like I have to re-tighten the battery terminals every few rides on this ski (ride in chop).

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Didn't you get some unknown quality fuel a little while ago and ask what you should do. If I'm not mistaken everyone said drain it out and put fresh fuel in. It sounds like you didn't. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

In any case get rid of that junk that is in your tank now and refill it with fresh fuel. Try a tank of 93 if you can get it.

Good luck.

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Didn't you get some unknown quality fuel a little while ago and ask what you should do. If I'm not mistaken everyone said drain it out and put fresh fuel in. It sounds like you didn't. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

In any case get rid of that junk that is in your tank now and refill it with fresh fuel. Try a tank of 93 if you can get it.

Good luck.
    Yep! - I did get the questionable fuel, I put about 1 or 2 gallons of who know what in the tank (as well as my sons ski) and I took them to the dealer and they put some stabilizer in them and topped it off with 91 octane - both skis worked perfect. I had no problems. My sons ski still work perfect, (however he still had the last fill up from the dealer - I had to get more fuel because I rode my ski more on day then he did) just mine had a little hesitation (it did it before also and I took it to the dealer). I think I have a clogged injector) - this issue comes and goes - it is a very little slight hesitation - but I can fell it and it drives me crazy.

it is intermittent = I check all of the battery connections, All tight - no codes. It is pull hard from a stop, no problems, it is just at cruising speed about half throttle, ad I want to give it some more throttle and I can pull the throttle and there is that hesitation like it is starving for gas - my son's ski has that instantaneous throttle response so I can tell something is not quote right

I get gas that is 91 octane and no ethanol ( that is the best place available for fuel as far as I know - I will check around) maybe it is the fuel from this location giving me problems

Banned User
    +1
    You can always try Techron fuel injector cleaner and see if it helps, if so it's a cheap fix

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Check for water in your hull. It can sit just below the coupler and get picked up and make the belt slip. At full throttle the water could get pushed to the back so you don't notice a leak.

Cheers.

11. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Change your plugs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information