Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Well Guys I bought a FZR, so Im gonna need your input on stuff.

Well I am planning on going E1 or High boost route. With supporting mods. I would love to have some input on something, so I dont go down the wrong road.

SCer?
    IC? I have a Riva Gen III on the shelf.
    Rideplate. Ski came with a R&D plate.

Just general good info, so I dont get into puting parts on my ski that you guys have already found they stink or sux.

Things I have. On the way..

R&D grate
    PPK
    Riva Waterbox with thru hull stuff
    R3 reflash
    Riva Intake ( I have tons of Kanaflex also)
    Walbro Fuel pump with Aeromotive FPR on shelf
    I do infact moniter A/F with my LM-2 or may install my LC-1 or MTX.

Please let me have it.

don't use any wheels but the ETs. Best wheels out there period..

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    don't use any wheels but the ETs. Best wheels out there period..
    I agree I love Arts stuff. I remember when I sent him my 08SHO wheel.

I do have a Friend that has a C3 that he will let me try. Any input on it? Whats it compare to a low Boost wheel?

+1
    My advice. Sell it. lol
    Just messing with ya. I will be watching your build, as I know you will do it right and have it flying.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I have the c3 now and im pulling 12-13 lbs of boost at 8k rpms I just upgraded to the et hb and ill let you know what that does. With the c3 I was using the stock fuel pump and regulator, now I just installed the r&d regulator and a walbro fuel pump im going to take it out one last time with the c3 installed to make sure nothing has changed (and im still trying to find a stock exducer plate) then high boost it is.....

+1
    i ran a b1 and E1 wheel in my sho both worked great but if i where to do it over i would go ET.i ran the B1 wheel for many hours without a hiccup and low 80s.et low boost will get you there no prob and reliable but i see you wanna go high boost.riva intercooler is a nice piece little bit of a pain to get in and out but worth it make sure the bov is on securely the clip that holds it in can be a pain to mess with while the intercooler is on the ski.i never had a clutch problem with my skis because i dont stay in the gas while unhooked but others have, outside of that yamahas motor is great and loves to be modded pulls like an animal with boost!from what i read over the years you can run up to 8600 safely with stock valvetrain but i stayed in the 8500 range to be safe.i had the r3 reflash on my fzr with rrfpr and it was a great combo airfuel was spot on with a slight adjustment on stock wheel i ran 77 mph one time out without getting it dialed in.as far as the rideplate i had jims modded vx plate which gained alot of speed but i could never completly get rid of the bounce but have heard the faster you go the bounce will go away,removing the stock shims on the factory plate and adding fender washers to the front isnt a bad setup especially in ruff water compaired to the vx.one more thing check out the pump tunnel for any cracks or stress cracks with more speed/power i would reinforce if it hasnt been already.let the mods begin!!

+1
    You can take the whole charger off my wifes ski if you want to try out a low boost wheel on it. Plus we can throw on my Jims VX plate and see if you like it... and I have props galore for you to try. We'll get you set up now that you have stepped up to a real ski!

if this is intended to be a recreational use ski keep it mind fuel economy is only good with reflash if you stay with the factory injectors.anything passed a 15.5 wheel and your going to need bigger ones making for an expensive ride longer distances.everyone will have there opinion but imo for a reliable ride around setup wife family friends and long distances i wouldnt go passed 12-14psi 8500rpm.obviously if this is going to be a race ski it will take a decent beating on high boost as there are lots of guys pushing the limits of these motors but like everything in the world of speed its a gamble.

+1
    WELCOME TO THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!!

What are your long term plans for it?
    What top speed are you after?
    Do you want to have good holeshot or strictly top speed?

Having the answers to those questions will help us guide you on what mods to go with.

Check out my build, it has a lot of good info along the way of my build.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    My advice. Sell it.
    That's the best advice your gonna get

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information