MSX OIL TANK (again!!)

Anybody?

I have now stripped of the oil tank and taken it apart, to my horror there was no oil in it (now I know why the engine was limiting),where has it gone?, we are guessing (and hoping) the seals need replacing, as there was oil finding its way out the top one. I say hoping because the next place to look would be the intercooler right?

Now I need your help again, on the blow up I downloaded from the internet its shows a Sheet, Splash, Oil Tank part no 0451496, my has not got one of these in, does it have to have one ? could this be the problem?.

Anyone with ideas let me know?

Thanks

this is what these looking for
    Attached Files Attached Files

Chris, There usually isn't much oil in the tank when it hasn't been run. If you followed the procedure to drain the oil, out lined in the oil change procedure before you removed the tank it will be empty and the rest will be in the sump. There should be a metal plate with holes in it on the inside of that tank as pictured in the parts manual. It keeps the oil from foaming up when the high pressure oil comes back to the tank. By the way, how did you get the top off of that tank? I played around with mine when I had it out but it never would come apart.

Altron,

I did'nt drain the oil out, just tilted the ski to one side, opened the drain plug and set a bucket up ready to catch it, it was'nt needed there was no oil in it !!!.

We soaked the tank in hot water, and applied gentle leverage on the slightly raised part of the casting.

The splash guard is missing I'm hoping this is a contributary cause to my problem. I am going to call Jay tonight (I think we are 5 -6 hours ahead), and see If he can source a replacement, along with new seals and oil filter. Unless he gets to see this first.

The weathers starting to pick up now - I want my ski back!!.

+1
    Jay will get you back on the water. Keep us posted and maybe toss a few photos our way??!!

Spoke to Jay, we are opting for a new oil tank - you can't purchase spares to rebuild them!.

Change of subject - I am from the U.K, if you get a minute check out the website where I ski http://www.colwynjetskiclub.com/ plenty of pictures on there you might even spot the Polaris on one!.

Cheers for all your help - I hope I can return the favour one day - If your ever passing this way your welcome to a ski !!!!!!!!

+1
    I'm amazed at how much Conwry looks like the Benicia, Ca. race site. I'll try to find the photo's.

Thread Information