Aeromotive 340lph p0232

ok so it was working fine then after like 10-15 hours of use it is having p0232 issues i up the fuse to a 25A with no relay at the beginning and it worked fine for the time then 10ish hours later p0232, i put the relay and it was fine for half the day then again check engine 0232 3 days in a row it only happens after i use the ski on long runs 15-20 minute rides? maybe i have a defective pump? how much psi does the stock pump handle can i use it at 65psi static to test?

ps: when i get the check engine code 0232 i look at the rrfpr and it drops to 0 then comes up a little at a time, was power cut off by the ecu or maybe defective pump giving up?

+1
    25a if you have to resort to that I would be cautious. Remember there's nothing to break That fuel pump's Fall at that amp rate if something Goes Wrong. I would check your Internal fuel Lines Making sure your Not Losing fuel Pressure, What fuel Pressure Regualtor are your Running?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    ok so it was working fine then after like 10-15 hours of use it is having p0232 issues i up the fuse to a 25A with no relay at the beginning and it worked fine for the time then 10ish hours later p0232, i put the relay and it was fine for half the day then again check engine 0232 3 days in a row it only happens after i use the ski on long runs 15-20 minute rides? maybe i have a defective pump? how much psi does the stock pump handle can i use it at 65psi static to test?

ps: when i get the check engine code 0232 i look at the rrfpr and it drops to 0 then comes up a little at a time, was power cut off by the ecu or maybe defective pump giving up?
    I had the same problem with a new Walbro pump. Ski ran great for an hour or so then fuel pressure would drop to zero and ski would die. Pull the key out, start it again and the pressure would return to normal for 30 seconds or so and then fall to zero. Returned the pump for a new Walbro and no more problems. Bad pump I guess..

Be very careful replacing the fuel pump with high "performance pumps". My bet (guess) is you guys are finding demon issues caused by an increased electrical load on the system.

Andy

+1
    ground it straight to the battery and see if that helps. high amp and long, thin wires are not a good combo

Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    25a if you have to resort to that I would be cautious. Remember there's nothing to break That fuel pump's Fall at that amp rate if something Goes Wrong. I would check your Internal fuel Lines Making sure your Not Losing fuel Pressure, What fuel Pressure Regualtor are your Running?
    I am using a riva regulator and notice the check engine code is about to turn on after 15-20 minute ride, idle would go up and down then p0232

What is a safe psi I can set the stock fuel pump that it won't have issues, can I set it at 62 psi or is this maxing it out? I am only running 16 psi turbo at 8150

Thread Information