Front Rope question

What do you guys do with the rope on the front after you take off? Do you put it in the front compartment or take it off fully? I just want to make sure it doesn't get sucked up by the jet pump. Tried to search but this maybe just a dumb question no one has asked before.

+1
    Take it off completely.

By leaving it on, you only risk bad things;
    Getting sucked into the prop, getting unwound and whipping against the water/you, etc...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What are you using the front rope for, before you go riding?

You are talking about a docking rope attached to the bow eye, correct?

+1
    i have a small rope 8" long that i use as a loop through the eyehole to winch the ski on and dock, its always on the bow. but my dock line and launch line come off 100% and either get left ashore (if im on the beach) or under the seat if i may go to a marina or dock of some sort. the anchor hooks there as well when swimming or hanging just off the shore. i use the climbers clips for attaching my lines.

Correct, front bow rope so I can tie it up while parking the trailer and keeping it docked etc...

I found a large carabiner at Lowes that actually fits through the bow hole, I am going to do a loop on my dock line so I can easily remove it, that was my main gripe was having to remove the line at either the dock or out in the water. Sometimes I dock with other people on boats out on the water so having the line attached to the front while out riding makes that easier.

While typing this post I searched for retractable dock line and found this, very interesting: http://shop.lazerrope.com/product.sc...4?productId=10

A bit pricey but that would help my issue, anyone tried this one or something like it before?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Correct, front bow rope so I can tie it up while parking the trailer and keeping it docked etc...

I found a large carabiner at Lowes that actually fits through the bow hole, I am going to do a loop on my dock line so I can easily remove it, that was my main gripe was having to remove the line at either the dock or out in the water. Sometimes I dock with other people on boats out on the water so having the line attached to the front while out riding makes that easier...
    I have these Wichard 2480 Snap Hooks on several of my dock lines.

Very secure, easy on the hands, easy to snap on and remove. Unlike a carabiner, these snap hooks will not snag your skin or other stuff while in use or in storage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-WICHARD-2480-0003.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	311707

I have even used these hooks on tow lines with no issues, towing disabled 3 seater watercraft on plane.

Step on it....keep it under my foot to make sure when docking or any issue,

+1
    I launch two skis with wife on one, her ski is connected to the front of mine. She comes to the dock, I catch the ski with my feet usually (sitting there like a catcher), then reach down and unhook the rope from bow eye. I would never leave it on.

My ski also has quick mooring eyes on the steering column. I use those if tying up to the dock. If I were launching alone, I would also use the quick mooring eyes, or lasso the rope around the steering column to make quick tying easy and removal easy. You might try it that way if you do not have eyes on the column.

Thread Information