99 ultra 150 jet pump help

I hope im posting this in the right category kinda confused on weather it should be here or tips. If its in the wrong place, im sorry, but anyway. I bought a 99 ultra 150 with a blown engine, I was not told the jet pump was also toast. I got the rebuild kit and started putting the pump together, I looked at the impeller and there is prob between 1/8 to 1/4" gap between the impeller and the housing, the book says service limit is .6mm, which I think is way bigger, but I forgot to grab my fuller gages from work. I looked at my other ski and online and they both have pointed blades, Mine are rounded, I did see one on ebay that said it was modified that looked like mine. so I guess my question is can I use it like that? I have no shims on it either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1118.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	311634  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsallor View Post
    I hope im posting this in the right category kinda confused on weather it should be here or tips. If its in the wrong place, im sorry, but anyway. I bought a 99 ultra 150 with a blown engine, I was not told the jet pump was also toast. I got the rebuild kit and started putting the pump together, I looked at the impeller and there is prob between 1/8 to 1/4" gap between the impeller and the housing, the book says service limit is .6mm, which I think is way bigger, but I forgot to grab my fuller gages from work. I looked at my other ski and online and they both have pointed blades, Mine are rounded, I did see one on ebay that said it was modified that looked like mine. so I guess my question is can I use it like that? I have no shims on it either.
    Trashed. Is there side to side movement in the bearings?

never seen one that big a gap, totally useless.

+1
    +1^. .6mm is close to .023", you are WAY off from that.

no there is no side play there brand new bearings, I'm rebuilding the pump. the impeller looks like it was modified. I'm almost thinking they were using it like that. so what do you think it is? I have a new shaft, all new bearings, new seals.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsallor View Post
    no there is no side play there brand new bearings, I'm rebuilding the pump. the impeller looks like it was modified. I'm almost thinking they were using it like that. so what do you think it is? I have a new shaft, all new bearings, new seals.
    You need a new impeller too. To shim, add shims until it does not rub the impeller to the housing. Also, Kawi superseded the 2 seal set up for a 3 seal set up. I think its backwards compatible.

+1
    I wonder if that's the wrong impeller...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    wrong prop

For about $200 you can pick up a solas 16/20 on ebay, its the best you can get for a stock ultra.

Thread Information