Pros need advice please on a RXP x 2008

A friend of mine is considering it ,bone stock 180 hours very clean,reg service.What do you guys think of the 180 hrs That seems like a fair bit on a super-charged 255. What is normal rebuild hours on one of these??Most I see in that year range have 70 to 90 hours.The price is right at 6,000 and friend says it runs close to 70mph.Any one have a supercharged seadoo with lot more hours and still not rebuilt or modded??Many thanks>Marvin

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Wow, do most people buy these to run them 15 hours a year? The hourly cost on that factoring in all perceived expenses is nearing $400 an hour! All of our previous PWCs have been ridden 30 hours + per year and it's only that low because we only ride on weekends at a cottage 3 hours away. Sounds like a great deal assuming its very clean as you stated. Of course I'm in Canada so I'd be lucky to get a decent early 2000's two stroke for $6000.

+1
    192 hours on my 09 rxpx.... stock x charger 100 hours, as well as carbon seal, if you search you can find a detailed maintenance break down on the forum

A lot of people where I live only comefor a few weeks a year in one subdivision 3 or 4 families that I do service work for have 2002-2005 skis with 35 to 60 hrs.They have a towboat for skiing and wakeboarding,and I have to have them ready to go when they dont want to do any PMS.just oil and filter .and they only will sometimes ride 3 or 4 times ,hey when its triple digit temps like last year for 17 days in a row it gets hot and humid by 9:00 am. till 8:00pm people get tired of lukewarm lake water our lake is 22,000 acres and 80 'deep by dam and main body is 30' with coves 6 to 10' it gets like hot bathwater,send some canadien cool please.I work from 7am to noon,shower work 3to 5 shower and finish up around8pm for 3rd or 4th shower in august.I bought a 2000gtx awsome body and blown engine (jugs)due to original fuel lines and continued running with 28 hrs on it.so if you dont ride in march -may and sept-nov.its too hot for most folk were 70 miles off gulf as crow flies and humidity is brutal.I guess thats reason for low hrs.most of my exp. is seadoo 2 stroke 4tec non turbo,yamaha 650-1200 2stroke and kawa 12f ,650,750 2stroke.so The SC doos run so hot when surface water temp is 90or so in aug.so less hrs is as bad or worse than more hrs.I think the pwc last much longer in cooler climates or cooler water,The 2009 and 2010 rentals I serviced until they quit renting had 600 to 700 hrs on slow key with min.maint.I wont go into that as thats not how you run rental.but that didnt give me any idea for SC PWCthanks

Banned User
    +1
    I wouldn't touch it.
    I sold my 2008 RXT-X with 191 hours on it, and the SC had been rebuilt, twice. I had a fresh rebuild done for the new owner, using the new Seadoo rebuild kit.
    IF, the SC had not been rebuilt, then there is plenty of other items that are "deferred maintenance" that need to be done as well. Basically it shows that the owner did not follow the recommended maintenance procedures on the boat. So, for example, it could have the original oil filter still in it. Same with the pump bearings-they need to be re-lubed. And just a whole bunch of other small things that need to be done, at regular intervals(like oil changes).

It's lack of maintenance, and really no maintenance history, makes it work zero dollar-in my book.
    I had all the maintenance written down in my owner manual with the date and hours, work done, parts replace, etc-with receipts. Including oil/filter changes, spark plug changes, etc.

I think your friend should look for a better maintained boat-there are plenty out there. These boats will go for hundreds of hours, without issue. BUT, you have to rebuild the super-chargers-every 100 hours, OR, 2 years..for the older style clutch system.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I wouldn't touch it.
    I sold my 2008 RXT-X with 191 hours on it, and the SC had been rebuilt, twice. I had a fresh rebuild done for the new owner, using the new Seadoo rebuild kit.
    IF, the SC had not been rebuilt, then there is plenty of other items that are "deferred maintenance" that need to be done as well. Basically it shows that the owner did not follow the recommended maintenance procedures on the boat. So, for example, it could have the original oil filter still in it. Same with the pump bearings-they need to be re-lubed. And just a whole bunch of other small things that need to be done, at regular intervals(like oil changes).

It's lack of maintenance, and really no maintenance history, makes it work zero dollar-in my book.
    I had all the maintenance written down in my owner manual with the date and hours, work done, parts replace, etc-with receipts. Including oil/filter changes, spark plug changes, etc.

I think your friend should look for a better maintained boat-there are plenty out there. These boats will go for hundreds of hours, without issue. BUT, you have to rebuild the super-chargers-every 100 hours, OR, 2 years..for the older style clutch system.
    What? His post indicates it has had regular maintenance and is generally in very good shape. I sure hope 190 hours isn't the limit for the supercharged units. We had double on our last seadoo.

+1
    190 is nothing. Not sure why people think this is high hours? If the maintenance was done, and it's in good shape I would take it. Also I wouldn't say not having service records means it was not maintained as some people do there own work to there ski's.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I wouldn't touch it.

What? His post indicates it has had regular maintenance and is generally in very good shape. I sure hope 190 hours isn't the limit for the supercharged units. We had double on our last seadoo.
    Completely missed that in the first post-my bad.
    Yes, if it has had regular maintenance, no problem. Like I said-mine had 191 hours on it-and I know some members on here have 100's more hours on thier X boats. Just know that in 10 hours or so, he'll need to have the SC rebuilt. The new kit is a little over $300.....

As for maintenance "records", what I meant was; I did the maintenance on most items, and just wrote it in the book, as a log of sorts. I kept the receipts-but that's not necessary. You can usually tell if the boat has been well maintained, or trashed......

So, to answer your question; no, 190 hours is nothing-it's just broke in
    I sold mine for $6500 with the SC rebuilt, R&D intake grate, free-flow exhaust, sponsons, and blow-off valve. No trailer. So, all things considered, I would offer no more than $5500 for the boat, w/o trailer.

Thread Information