+1

issue with spark plugs on 2008 RXP-X

My sister bought this ski last year over the winter we were changing the plugs and found that 2 of the holes were stripped had to take head off and take to someone and they fixed the plug holes in the head. After getting it back put new plugs in they went in fine and found that her intercooler was also leaking so they bought the Riva Gen-3 intercooler, we installed and she took to the lake for the first time this year about 2 weeks ago and the ski ran great for about 20-30 minutes and she than she said it started idling rough and would not go over 30-35 MPH at WOT. So we took it into shore and I pulled the plugs found the 2 plugs that had been fixed the ground straps were melted off as well as some of the threads to the plugs. I spoke with a buddy here and he said it seemed like it was running lean it was a bit cooler here 2 weeks ago and lake temp was about 73 outside temp was also in 70's. Ski is pretty much stock, it does not have a rrfr. My budddy also said to put new plugs in and see how it ran, so we did we did not go above 6200 RPM and the ski ran great and MPH was good at WOT. Any ideas on what could of caused the plugs to do that? Could the plug holes that were fixed not be right and allowing air to get through? Any help would be great. Thanks

+1
    How many hours are on the ski?
    With it only doing 6200 it sounds like you have a boost leak..
    A hose not tight or off.

As far as the plugs it sounds like what ever metal was used to fix the plug holes wasn't right..
    How did the 2nd set look after ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    How many hours are on the ski?
    With it only doing 6200 it sounds like you have a boost leak..
    A hose not tight or off.

As far as the plugs it sounds like what ever metal was used to fix the plug holes wasn't right..
    How did the 2nd set look after ??
    We didn't go over 6200 on purpose, was just testing as we didn't know if the plugs did that because going lean. Ran like that and it idled fine and seem to run fine just never did WOT. Took plugs out and they looked fine. Not sure how many hours are on the ski. Thanks for your response

I think if there was air getting past the helicoils you would hear it. I am guessing whatever caused the issue of the 2 plugs getting stuck originally is still present. Maybe dirty injectors? Are the injectors the stock x injectors?

Thread Information