+1

2006 kawasaki 15f review put a smile on my face

Hey all, i finally got to really test out my 2006 15f that i recently purchased with 46 hours. I also own a 2006 fx 140 cruiser great ski btw. I took the 15f all the way from dinner key marina in miami, fl to haulover marina in miami, fl round trip of about 26 miles or so. I can definately say the ski is a fun package great speed, great fuel economy (used about a 1/4 of a tank), seat and handle bar placing fit my riding style just fine. Only thing its not so great at is chopping through the waves bounces like a rock skipping on water, but aside from that its a very fun ski, I also liked the way it jumps waves very easily has the power readily available. Im very happy with my purchase. Any ownership tips or preventable maintanence send them my way.

+1
    A very reliable and fun ski.
    Check over 'all' the clamps on the cooling lines.

Install a bilge pump with a automatic switch on it or with a separate auto-on switch. Buy a name brand pump along with a name brand switch. The Rule pumps and auto-on switches are highly recommended.
    Wire it directly to the battery so it comes on whether the ski is running or not. A remote on/off switch located up front is optional. You will need a waterproof fuse holder when doing the electrical hookup. You will also need a 3/4 inch bilge outlet along with the 3/4" outlet hose.

Just an example...
    A 800 gph pump with a separate auto switch is 50 bucks on ebay and the fuse holder is around 5.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RULE-800-GPH...item2c7220ce65
    14 gauge wire... http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-GAUGE-ATC...item4ac8ba6b27
    10 gauge wire if you want a heavier/thicker gauge... http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ATC-10-G...item4ac46591da
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Inch-Hos...da2690&vxp=mtr

I would also highly suggest that you put the bilge outlet somewhere (by the pisser, or on the other side in about the same spot) where you will see it if it is pumping water out of it. That will be your warning to immediately head for the nearest shoreline to check out what is going on and how severe the problem is.
    If the outlet is somewhere where you can't see it, then you usually will not notice anything until you slow down and the ski feels tippy...or until your motor shuts down because the hull is already half or more full of water and sinking.
    Last edited by TexasZ; 08-29-2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: added link

3. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    To improve the ride try a wedge or a rideplate. Im starting work on creating my aftermarket rideplate tomorrow.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    To improve the ride try a wedge or a rideplate. Im starting work on creating my aftermarket rideplate tomorrow.

Sean
    Go man go!!!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZ View Post

Sean
    Go man go!!!
    Thanks, I just got my llc paperwork back last week. Ill update in a bit but im hoping to test an interesting plate design by next week.

This winter im hoping to have a display replacement, a set of sponsons, an intake grate, an engine package, a safe ecu reflash, a replacement hood, and a custom speaker set for the stx.

Sean

+1

Sean
    Go man go!!!
    Thanks, I just got my llc paperwork back last week. Ill update in a bit but im hoping to test an interesting plate design by next week.

This winter im hoping to have a display replacement, a set of sponsons, an intake grate, an engine package, a safe ecu reflash, a replacement hood, and a custom speaker set for the stx.

Sean
    That's a monumental amount of work and research to accomplish all of that. I know you have been doing the research and testing for quite a while now. Looking forward to what you come out with.

+1
    [QUOTE=smokeysevin;2252607]

Sean

Sean
    Very impressive Sean!!! Good luck!

9. +1 by:

+1
    OK will do, btw sean great to hear your putting effort into upgrades for the 12f and 15f platform. If anyone else has something let me know.

Thread Information