Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gtr vs vxr/vxs

+1

Gtr vs vxr/vxs

Wanting some opinions here,Never been on either of these ski's before.But i have the option of buying either for $9900 out the door.Both have 3 year warranty's.I do not have the option of riding any of them before buying.Oh btw these are all Brand New ski's 2013 model's.

Any of you guys that own either of these or even better have both or have been on both.Pls share your thoughts good or bad.Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Wanting some opinions here,Never been on either of these ski's before.But i have the option of buying either for $9900 out the door.Both have 3 year warranty's.I do not have the option of riding any of them before buying.Oh btw these are all Brand New ski's 2013 model's.

Any of you guys that own either of these or even better have both or have been on both.Pls share your thoughts good or bad.Thanks.
    I compared these two also. I went with the GTR because It was more comfortable and looked better to me. I was also already familiar with 4-tecs and had the SC tools. The Yami seems like an awesome boat though. I think i would have been equally happy with both.
    As for the deals you're getting, the Yami deal is average. The GTR deal is exceptional.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post

I compared these two also. I went with the GTR because It was more comfortable and looked better to me. I was also already familiar with 4-tecs and had the SC tools. The Yami seems like an awesome boat though. I think i would have been equally happy with both.
    As for the deals you're getting, the Yami deal is average. The GTR deal is exceptional.

I agree both deals are nice,The seadoo deal includes $750 Rebate and free 3 year warranty for seadoo,I thinks its actually 2 extra years on top of the 1 mfg year.Problem with the seadoo deal is it ends Sep 2nd so im going to need to make up my mind faster than i would like.

So hows your GTR been?Any issues at all?Ride,handling,power?Did you get a chance to ride a VXR/VXS before you made your choice?Thanks for the reply.

+1
    Well there both great skis. If your running just lakes in rivers I'd say there very close to each other. If your running some rough water 30% of the time or whatever it might be nice to have the trim on the GTR. Might also be nice just having some of the features found on Seadoo as the VXR is stripped of everything. If your doing mods long term you should get more out of the GTR. VXR is about a 70-72MPH or so ski and that is it with all the mods(unless some force induction kits are out there and then we are talking big bucks).

If these deals go south don't hesitate at looking at a used 2010+ RXP-X or RTX-X with the BRP warranty on it.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    L-O-V-E my GTR.

+1
    Gtr and vxr / vxs are near bullet proof machines.

I'd go with the gtr its a blast to ride!!!

+1
    Thank you all for your reply's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    L-O-V-E my GTR.
    Ditto!

+1
    Dude do a search! Theres a GTR vs VXR thread. I rode both..bottom line. GTR- want specifics search.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post

I agree both deals are nice,The seadoo deal includes $750 Rebate and free 3 year warranty for seadoo,I thinks its actually 2 extra years on top of the 1 mfg year.Problem with the seadoo deal is it ends Sep 2nd so im going to need to make up my mind faster than i would like.

So hows your GTR been?Any issues at all?Ride,handling,power?Did you get a chance to ride a VXR/VXS before you made your choice?Thanks for the reply.
    I really like the GTR except for three small things. Lack of a re-boarding step, Seadoo does not wrap their seats in plastic before covering the seat, and it doesn't handle small chop as well as my previous RXT's. As far as power goes, It feels a tad slower through the whole range than my 08 RXT-X, but not by much. I like the fact that the SC is very easy to get to compared to my other skis. The hull is very playful and nimble, It's just not great in the chop IMO. I haven't had a single issue in my first 20hrs.
    I do get "LOTS" of compliments on my GTR.
    Like I said, I think you would be very happy with either ski.

BTW I was not able to ride either ski before buying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information