Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gtr vs vxr/vxs

+1

Gtr vs vxr/vxs

Wanting some opinions here,Never been on either of these ski's before.But i have the option of buying either for $9900 out the door.Both have 3 year warranty's.I do not have the option of riding any of them before buying.Oh btw these are all Brand New ski's 2013 model's.

Any of you guys that own either of these or even better have both or have been on both.Pls share your thoughts good or bad.Thanks.

+1
    No super charger headaches with the VXR/VXS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    No super charger headaches with the VXR/VXS

Opinion's on the VXR?I see you have a 2012 VXR so if you bought it new you been riding it for 2 years or so.Had any problems?Hows the ride?Any thoughts you could share would be great.

+1
    I've owned several SeaDoo SC'ed skis in the past and have a pair of VXS'es now. I don't think you would go wrong with either ski. I like the VXR/VXS due to having roughly the same performance as the GTR with better gas mileage and less potential supercharger headaches.

The VXR and VXS are the most bulletproof skis I've ever owned. I used to have a Kawi STXR and the ride is like that. It's just the VXR/S feels more stable, but doesn't turn as sharp as the STX hull. People say the VXR/S skis are rough in the chop, but if you could handle a STXR in the chop, the VXR/S is much more comfortable by comparison.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I've owned several SeaDoo SC'ed skis in the past and have a pair of VXS'es now. I don't think you would go wrong with either ski. I like the VXR/VXS due to having roughly the same performance as the GTR with better gas mileage and less potential supercharger headaches.

The VXR and VXS are the most bulletproof skis I've ever owned. I used to have a Kawi STXR and the ride is like that. It's just the VXR/S feels more stable, but doesn't turn as sharp as the STX hull. People say the VXR/S skis are rough in the chop, but if you could handle a STXR in the chop, the VXR/S is much more comfortable by comparison.

Thanks,I acually own an STX-R so that tells me alot about what to expect.Thanks for your reply.

+1
    I recently rode a gtr but i am partial to my vxs. But no trim on vxr/s although 73 ish is it for speed . You might be ableto get more out of the gtr but with higher octane gas...

+1
    I've had mine for almost 2 season with 125hrs on the clock as of today. Besides replacing the factory battery this spring and routine maintenance its been gas and go. My only complaints are lack of trim, not enough storage space, and its not the best ride in the rough. But on calm days its nimble and powerful. Still not sick of it yet! Oh and my power plant is all stock.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Cant tell you anything about the SeaCrap....I have a 2011 VXs ....just turned 250 hours yesterday....No problems that werent self induced (rock through the pump) ..... just oil changes and filling up the fuel tank....rode 78 miles yesterday....fuel buzzer came on at 76 miles....only improvement I would say would be to have trim, but you can "trim" it with ride position.....

+1
    I have ridden them both and they are both nice skis... 70+ hours on mine and no problems

I think in the long haul the Yami motor will last longer based on past experience

+1
    A couple of my mates have them both and they are both great skis, particularly for the price. If you ride a lot in salt water consider the gtr for the closed loop cooling and the brake is a bonus. The reverse on the handlebars is also very handy. The gtr also has trim and that does come in handy. The yamaha does appear better on fuel. You won't go wrong with either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information