Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 09 Ultra 260x

09 Ultra 260x

When I fired up the ski yesterday the idle jumped to 2000 rpm's and it holds steady there no matter what. It runs fine, but just won't come off that idle speed. I checked the cable, throttle linkage, and the set screw and everything is set correct and working perfectly. This thing has 69 hours on it and no modifications. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Replace ISC motor its stuffed.
    Waz

Thank you very much. What an amazing tool this is to have access to guys like you.

+1
    Yep, some of the members on here like Sirbreakalot (Waz), Fire (Tommy), Nicjak (Corey) just to name a few certainly know their stuff regarding the Ultra platform and always happy to help.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR1788 View Post
    When I fired up the ski yesterday the idle jumped to 2000 rpm's and it holds steady there no matter what. It runs fine, but just won't come off that idle speed. I checked the cable, throttle linkage, and the set screw and everything is set correct and working perfectly. This thing has 69 hours on it and no modifications. I would appreciate any help or advice. Thanks.
    Are your handle bars turned by chance to one side most likely iac like waz but coukd be the kss kicking on. ?

No, the kss system is acticavating and deactivating at the appropriate rpm as i'm coming offf plane.

I checked with the dealership and the parts counter tech couldn't figure out what an ISC was, but thought he had the right item which he called a STM, part # 21174-3706 priced at $174. I pulled what I think was the ISC today (looks kind of like a grill regulator with two 1.5 inch and 1 small 1/4 inch hoses connected to it) This thing has a spring activated valve which I was able to move with a fair amout of pressure, and it looked completly clean and functional. Am I looking at the right part, and more importantly is the dealership getting ready to order me the right part? I really appreciate your time and expertise.
    Thanks, Tom

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR1788 View Post
    No, the kss system is acticavating and deactivating at the appropriate rpm as i'm coming offf plane.
    But you said this issue is when your stopped ? It can activate out if the water as well.

Any ways IaC valve is idle air control valve. It's on the throttle biddy. Easiest way to test it is insert the key pull it out you should here it click a few times.but yes you have the right part

+1
    tommy sounds like he has the bypass valve!! not isc

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    tommy sounds like he has the bypass valve!! not isc
    I think that's what he took off but the part # above is for the iac valve. At least when I looked it up it was correct.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information