Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first time new ski buyer...vxr...

looking at buying a 2013 vxr from a dealer...i was quoted 12000 out the door that includes trailer,cover,all taxes,fees,tag,reg and 3 year Y.E.S. extended warranty....on their website it was advertised at 8990...its amazing at all the extra money involved.....what say you?? does this sound about right or should i wait for a while longer and look again?? think i will call back and tell them if they can get me at 10000 i will drive over and sign papers....just to test the waters and see how hungry they are to rid that showroom floor of that ugly yeller ski....any advice on a new purchase would be great as i have never bought new from dealers and dont really know what all to look for...thanks guys...this should be a step up from my gp760,right???

for the vxr honestly its a much better bargain to buy used.jetskis devalue very fast and for 6-7k you could get yourself a vxr or any of the supercharged skis with a few hours on the clock.this ski in particular is very reliable and i dont for see you having many warranty repairs done anyway.the newer one doesnt have any improvements over the previous models so i couldnt justify paying double for the same thing that is going to devalue very fast.btw the vxr is going to be an animal next to your gp760 lol

+1
    Unless of course u are utilizing the financing...that is kinda high for a price. Do they have any leftover skis?

+1
    drop the YES warranty...give 10500 otd...good deal...Yamaha VXR will run forever. . mine is fabulous . its my opinion , but I prefer new over used , that way I know the ski has not been abused ETC. there are some great used ski deals out there......I just like that "New Ski" feeling and smell.

+1
    I guess you also like the 30-40% hit your going to take as soon as you leave the dealership????

I see used skis with very few hours and full warranty for 60% of the original cost..
    It's your money blow it how ever you want...

6. +1 by:

The 2014 ski's will be coming soon. Dealers will need to start blowing out the older units cheap. I agree with 305 above that they loose value fast, but if you do not have the funds to drop cash and need to finance the new craft hold out till 2014 arrive and gt a closeout.

dealer called back and said best he could do is to knock 200 bucks off and he keeps cover.....i thought a lifetime of hard work and a beacon score of 800 would give a fella a lil edge....oh well,the search continues...so what month do the 2014s start hitting showroom floors? anybody know? thanks guys...any advice from a world class haggler on how to get a better shake than this??

+1
    Tell that dealer to pound sand..... if a little weekend traveling is ok look a little further than your current search. Check out craigslist and look on ebay. Did you ck out gh classifieds??? Where are u located??

oh yeah...i politely declined....im in north central fl....will keep on keepin on and still havent made up my mind for sure...the more i look at the vxs seat im thinking it would be more comfortable for me and from what im seeing they are basically the same machine with a few slight differences...sure wish they had adjustable trim and trip set to keep up with milage...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You can mount a GPS on it for about $200...... also a fish finder and a chart plotter......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information