Thinking about selling my doo

I was wondering where I can find out what my ski is worth and what would be a fair price to ask for it.Thinking about selling it but dont know what to ask. If it helps its a 2012 GTI SE 130 with 50 hours and has almost 2 years left on the warranty,I have had no problems at all with it and it still looks new,also has a sea doo cover.I love the ski just didnt ride it much at all this year and its boring riding alone,keep telling the wife if we bought another ski we would have way more fun with 2 but she dont want to do it,so Im thinking of selling the one we have.

+1
    http://www.kbb.com/personalwatercraft/

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Personal-Watercraft

kbb says $6,865 for suggested retail value, $4,735 trade in.

nada says low retail $7,130, $7,785 with trailer and average retail $8,070,$8,805 with trailer. These are the prices from my zip code...yours may vary.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    You are 100% right about the second ski making things a whole lot better.

Maybe you could buy a second ski that is used? save a lil cash and still have 2 skis.

as for the sale price - I have no real idea. Hell, I think my GTR is worth about $957,000.00, but I doubt that i'd get much over 8500.00; and even that might be a little high.

I'd guess a 2012 GTIse w/50 hrs is worth about 5 or 6,000.00

KBB trade-in $4,800.00 KBB retail/resale $6,800.00

+1
    People low ball the hell out of you on toys like jet skis.

I think if you can get 6.5K with a trailer your doing good.

+1
    Ever consider just renting a ski here and there when the wife goes so each of you have a ski? I'm in the same boat...I only have one ski and mostly my wife and I have to take turns and ride alone. She is the worse passenger ever and we will not ride together. All 3 times we have tried...we end up in the water.

+1
    This is exactly why I will only consider getting in to this sport if I can get one for the "BOSS" too.

Cya

Yes I have thought about renting one but there is only one place by me that rents ski's and they are very old and beat to crap and they want 100 bucks a hour with a 300 dollar deposit,I have seen people rent them and have to get towed back in after just a few minutes of riding.I have also looked at used skis but she still don't want to do it,I have told her a million times we would have WAY more fun with 2 skis,I cant buy another ski without her and even if I could I wouldn't do it without her wanting another 1,not worth fighting or a divorce.Its not like we cant afford it we can, she thinks I'm going to run off and leave her on the water if we had 2,I told her I didn't do that when we had 4 wheelers and motorcycles so way would I do that on the water.I'm going to try and talk her into it this winter and if she still don't want to do it Ill sell the GTI next spring.

Any suggestions for talking her into it?Anyone else have this problem and got the wife talked into a second ski? Thanks for all the help and prices.

+1
    we have two skis because I knew that it would last 2 weeks before I was sleeping under a tarp outside with my single ski. So I opted to purchase 2 and have fun.

Its something that my wife and 2 girls all love.

If you are selling it and your in FL let me know I'd like to sell my 2 seat honda and get a 2nd 3 seater.

Thread Information