Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,168
    +1
    25

    RPM video please?

    Does anyone have a video of there ultra 300x factory rpm gauge at WOT? I would like to see if everyone elses appears to fluctuate like mine is.So far I cant find whats causing it but my speed is off about 3-4 mph and boost appears to be 13-14ish at wot. Ski has lost that snappy throttle response also. I am going to remove the R&D scom and the solas impeller also just to see if the rpm`s continues bouncing up and down. If anyone has a video at wot I would like to see it please.Thanks Jeff


  2. #2
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    How big of a fluctuation are you talking about?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,168
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    How big of a fluctuation are you talking about?
    Fluctuates from 7480 to 7750 it seems like it use to only fluctuate from like 7750 to 7780 It would always stay within 40 rpms.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Do a leak down and comp test my Bet is. You have a leaky valve.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,168
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Do a leak down and comp test my Bet is. You have a leaky valve.
    Can that be fixed with a shim? possibly? maybe? I hope! Don't want to rebuild the entire head on this thing it only has 29 hours. Looked up the symtoms of leaky valve! strong possibility that's what it is.

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Go check your valve clearances if there out and can be brought back in by correct shims then most likely yes if the valve still seals when fully closed. if not then needs rebuild. Do you not have warranty anymore ?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,168
    +1
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Go check your valve clearances if there out and can be brought back in by correct shims then most likely yes if the valve still seals when fully closed. if not then needs rebuild. Do you not have warranty anymore ?
    No my warranty ran out back in 2012.I didn't get the extended. What does APE charge to do a complete head rebuild using there springs/valves/guides/retainers? Not that I need all that, Im just curious.

  8. #8
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    would a leaky BOV cause this surging?

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Go check your valve clearances if there out and can be brought back in by correct shims then most likely yes if the valve still seals when fully closed. if not then needs rebuild. Do you not have warranty anymore ?
    No my warranty ran out back in 2012.I didn't get the extended. What does APE charge to do a complete head rebuild using there springs/valves/guides/retainers? Not that I need all that, Im just curious.
    Knocking on 2k but I'd just find someone local to do it you could buy the parts from them unless you don't mind waiting months. Then send it to them.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    i think your barking up the wrong tree at 29hrs i cant see it being a tight valve.. we have checked them with over 100hrs and still found to be in spec.

    its a digital gauge remember it will fluctuate a little. this ski has proven to run differing rpms each and everyday..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MSX 110 RPMs Limited. Please Help!!!
    By TimBUCII in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 10:56 PM
  2. What is the safe max rpm limit please ?
    By waz480 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 11:37 PM
  3. My first video - please
    By misio in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 10:35 AM
  4. 2006 Seadoo Rxp Engine,RPM Problem. Please Help!
    By gotach in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:16 AM
  5. 01 GPR Topping out at 42mph 5500-6000 RPM...Help Please
    By SoundXplosion in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •