Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy 09 rxpx blown supercharger help

i have an 09 rxpx with 54 hours. Today i was out and the ski went from 8000rpm down to 6000 at wot.. turned the ski off as soon as it happened. Got towed back to the ramp took it to my house and i can spin the supercharger by hand so its blown. My question is do i have to pull the motor and check these screens that ive read about?? i need to go get a 1/4 box end wrench to finish pulling the charger but is there a way that i can make sure all the pieces are there with out doing this?? Thanks mikefresh

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fast04neon View Post
    i have an 09 rxpx with 54 hours. Today i was out and the ski went from 8000rpm down to 6000 at wot.. turned the ski off as soon as it happened. Got towed back to the ramp took it to my house and i can spin the supercharger by hand so its blown. My question is do i have to pull the motor and check these screens that ive read about?? i need to go get a 1/4 box end wrench to finish pulling the charger but is there a way that i can make sure all the pieces are there with out doing this?? Thanks mikefresh
    If you can spin the charger by hand, then it sounds like you have lost a clutch washer. Pull the charger first and see what you find. If a washer is gone ...then its going to be down in the PTO casing. You are going to have to pull the PTO casing and the front oil pump and check both screens for washer pieces. See how much of the washers you can find. This will definately be easier to do with the motor out. You will need to remove the oil anyway before pulling the front pump and pto. Personally i would split the bottom half of the motor as you will need to flush out the oil galleys and oil delivery system to make sure you have gotten all metal pieces out. Pay particular attention to the timing chain and drive sprockets etc for damage...these sometimes get damaged as the metal washer pieces drop into the motor. I would replace the timing chain as a precautionary...whether you find it damaged or not. You will also need to check both oil pumps for scoring and replace any damaged parts you find.
    Not good news i know.....but if you find a washer gone, then this is what youre going to have to do unfortunately.

Danmm.. defff not what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the quick reply . Do the washers ever crack and stay in place?

Also do u know how many washers are supposed to be on a 255 chargers?

+1
    The 09 x model washers are not suppose to break..
    I don't think you broke a metal washer.
    The older ceramics break. 2007 and older

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    The 09 x model washers are not suppose to break..
    I don't think you broke a metal washer.
    The older ceramics break. 2007 and older
    I thought this too.. what else would cause the shaft to spin like that tho.. that's why I was wondering how many washers aresupposed to be there.

+1
    Only way to tell is to yank the charger.
    I'm not sure of the # of washers on the charger.
    Do a search on here and I'm sure you will find pics and your answer.

+1
    Pull the charger ... the washers dont break like the old ones....

+1
    You probably burnt the clutch washers.
    When you rebuild have it completely rebuilt with new washers and bearings!!!
    A bearing failure on a s/c can easily do 2k+ in damages to your ski.
    Better safe than very sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by SeadooTech View Post
    Pull the charger ... the washers dont break like the old ones....
    I hope that you guys are right!!!! I have most of it out just have to get that pia front bolt but it got dark out. The charger def failed I have a boost gauge and it dropped right down to 0 and the rpms dropped down and shaft spins. But like I said I shut it right off and my girlfriend towed me back . I don't mind rebuilding the sc I just don't wanna have to mess around with cracking the case and cleaning out metal.that's what I'm afraid of.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information