Go760 fuse keeps blowing

Ok so here's my problem I'm having. Tried to take the ski out got, cranked up in my drive way but I got a volt error, went to the ramp wouldn't crank it was trying turn over but it wouldn't. Maybe week spark. So I took the battery out and put it on the trickle charger not sure if you can even do that with the battery type I have, it's the one when you shake it you can see the acid or water or whatever it is moving around in the battery. Now while the battery was disconnect I thought it would be a good idea to wash the inside of the hull. Except now whenever I plug in my battery the fuse keeps frying, I've let the ski sit for about two weeks to dry out but when I tried again today it still fried the fuse. The fuse also seams to get warm I've disconnected the harnesses that go to the gauges and the switch cause maybe something was shorting but still no luck. I've pulled the E box apart and I noticed the fuse holder was a little cut up so I fixed that. I also disconnected the 6 wires that were being grounded and reconnected them (does it matter which one goes where cause I mixed them up by accident. The ski was working fine up until I washed the inside of the hull.

Any ideas?

Oh and I might have smoked my cdi cause it smells burnt, could the be causing the problem?

+1
    Keep disconnecting things the fuse protects until it doesn't blow. then you know where to look for a short. Try the voltage regulator next.

Ok i took the E box apart again i did some testing and i found that after i ground a certain wire my fuse will blow.( the wires im talking about are the 6 that are grounded in the E box) Specifically when i ground the wire that goes down into fly wheel is when my fuse blowes. If i leave it disconnected it doesnt blow. So any ideas on what i should do next? Is it smart to take the cover off?

Also i dont know if this matters but i can jump the starter and the engine tries to turn over

Some photos to help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	312068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	312069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	312070

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreedamin View Post
    Ok i took the E box apart again i did some testing and i found that after i ground a certain wire my fuse will blow.( the wires im talking about are the 6 that are grounded in the E box) Specifically when i ground the wire that goes down into fly wheel is when my fuse blowes. If i leave it disconnected it doesnt blow. So any ideas on what i should do next? Is it smart to take the cover off?

Also i dont know if this matters but i can jump the starter and the engine tries to turn over
    As far as I can tell from looking at the wiring diagrams, the fuse doesn't directly power up anything inside the front cover. Looks like it powers the Multifunction Meter, the voltage rectifier regulator, and maybe the starter relay. If none of those are the cause, then I'd probably pull the front cover off and look for a pinched wire.

6. +1 by:

how can i check the voltage rectifier, I was reading somewhere that if you disconnect it you can start the engine, and if it starts then its a bad rectifier. is this true? Also when i disconnect the rectifier should i disconnect all the wires for the rectifier or just the ground part of it.

also when i try to jump the starter relay with like a screw driver or something it does spark and click. Im pretty sure the engine would turn over if i got new plug because they are flooded.

So does that help in excluding anything?

ok i found the problem, its the voltage rectifier. Anyone have one? and thank you Cutlass.

Thread Information