Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Tial 50m bov operation

I installed a tial bov today and am not 100% sure it is operating correctly. I have a 2011 FZS with R&D air filter, intake ribbon eliminator, and free flowing "stock" exhaust system. Anyway At idle and part throttle the bov is open. it closes as I hit the throttle fairly quickly (on the hose). Off throttle it opens fully as expected. I was expecting it to be closed at idle. Does anyone here have any experience with these? R&D is closed today. It seems to run fine on the hose. Plan to water test it tomorrow.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I have the same Tial Q on my '11 FZR. It is annoying that it stays open at lower rpm's but that is normal because you probaly have the 3 pound spring as I do. Worst thing is that it is putting a lot of hot air into your engine bay which in turn is ingested into your engine. Optional springs are available and cost about 30 bucks. I plan on going with a 6 pound spring soon, just have not gotten around to ordering one. Amazon, ebay, or just google it.

So do you feel you are loosing low end boost? How does it run??

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHO Rider View Post
    Probably losing some boost on low end but it would be insignificant. The heat tranfered to the engine would be the most imoportant to me, therefore losing some performance. Boost does not occur unntil 6krpm

I'm hitting the water today to check it out.

Leave the 3psi spring thats fine

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    It won't work correctly without the 3lb spring. Can you put a ''horn'' on it or something?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I installed a tial bov today and am not 100% sure it is operating correctly. I have a 2011 FZS with R&D air filter, intake ribbon eliminator, and free flowing "stock" exhaust system. Anyway At idle and part throttle the bov is open. it closes as I hit the throttle fairly quickly (on the hose). Off throttle it opens fully as expected. I was expecting it to be closed at idle. Does anyone here have any experience with these? R&D is closed today. It seems to run fine on the hose. Plan to water test it tomorrow.

Where do you have the Vac hose hooked up to?

The point is for it to stay open until you wot, this eliminates the surge therefore helps the clutch last longer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Probably losing some boost on low end but it would be insignificant. The heat tranfered to the engine would be the most imoportant to me, therefore losing some performance. Boost does not occur unntil 6krpm
    No my friend you have the wrong idea. The spring lets the BOV remain open at low RPM's because the ski is in vacuum. The engine is pulling in more air than the supercharger is making so therefore the BOV can remain open without rubbing and power. Having the 3psi spring is is the best for the supercharger because it is the most sensitive to boost changes. Also the thought that the BOV is letting hot air into the engine is also wrong or way to minute to be even worried about because that air is not even super hot at lower RPM's and only when the s/c starts to make serious boost is when the starts to drastically heat up and at this time the BOV will be closed. Plus the fact that the same air will be passed through the I/C and cooled right down to a cool temp.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information