Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boost gauge recommendations for 2006 RXP

I'd like to put a boost gauge in my "mod" boat. I'm thinking I'd like to wire it up so it mounts in the lid of the glovebox (but I still want to open the glovebox to access my bilge pump switches.

1) Any recommendations on waterproof gauges?

2) Any "gotchas" to consider with this mounting location?

Thx!

And... I just saw this video on YouTube:

Dude's not speaking English, and puts no details in his comments. Anyone know what he's using to do this? Pretty sweet, and doesn't eliminate mirror use.

Ah - dude in the video is here on GH!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1495280

Wonder if he still likes it three years later... but his profile says he hasn't posted in over a year.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    I run with Innovate gauges on my 06 RXP. 2 in each mirror pod and three in the glove box lid. They are great gauges and let you datalog from them and daisy chain them together.

They are 'splash proof' at best. Recently ruined a boost gauge due to water ingress. Since then I have taken them all apart and sealed them with black mastic on every seam and joint.

Would I choose them again, yes. My only criticism is that they do not do a fuel pressure gauge in the MX series range. And this I would also like to log data from.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post
    I'd like to put a boost gauge in my "mod" boat. I'm thinking I'd like to wire it up so it mounts in the lid of the glovebox (but I still want to open the glovebox to access my bilge pump switches.

Thx!
    I am now on my 4th (yes, 4th!!!) boost gauge, I first wasted my money on a cheap mechanical boost gauge, couldn't read it properly, so I bought an autometer mechanical gauge. Still couldn't read it properly (it bounced around everywhere) so I bought a cheap digital gauge, which never worked very well and died from water intrusion. After all this, I finally invested in a quality waterproof Dynotune boost gauge.

Don't do as I did, you'll pay a little more upfront, but you'll only pay once

The poor man pays twice... (or 4 times in my case )

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=20

If pockets are deep like the sea, look into defi they are Daisy chained and controlled with a controller. You can set alarms and record with out having to have laptop or tablet on board. It will show you min and Max of every gauge

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Steve View Post

Thx!
    Innovate MTX-L all the way! I have five. I make billet aluminum mirror pods in single gauge mount or dual. They are anodized black, red or green. Search "mirror pods" in the seadoo classifieds. If you want a glove box mount, pm jlewis. It's a cover you glue to the existing lid so you have full function of the box. I can add pics Monday of my boat

Banned User
    +1
    Autometer boost non liquid
    Mtxl Afrs

Zero issues and have been soaked numerous times

+1
    I just killed an MTX out in the ocean yesterday. Lights up like a xmas tree, and it was sealed. Ill be shopping around too...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information