Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Sea-Doo safety kit flashlight

I searched, but didn't see anyone post about this.

For those of you with the Sea-Doo "safety kit", have any of you actually checked out the flashlight? What a piece of crap! I think my lighter throws more light than this thing. Anyways, I replaced it with a Streamlight "4AA LED" flashlight, which is waterproof, puts out 67 lumens (which isn't fantastic, but it's a thousand times better than the Sea-Doo light), is good for about 155 hrs, and rated for use in hazardous environments. And it's bright yellow so you can find it easier in the dark. Unfortunately, it doesn't float, but neither does the original.

They're about $23 which is the same price as the entire safety kit, but at least you'll have something useful in the kit.

+1
    Yeah, the light is crap. The line provided is also very thin.
    I wish they just sold the "bucket".

Banned User
    +1
    I have one on my GTX Limited. I noticed it's not very bright-but that's not why I put 2 AA batteries in it. Those batteries are back-up, for when my Garmin E-trex GPS batteries get low. Just a convenient what to store the batteries
    I also have a blinding white flashing strobe light for marine use-for when I need to get people's attention. I would like to mount it to my life vest-just haven't found the right vest yet. The idea is, if I dismount from my boat, in busy waters, I want to turn that strobe on, so that people can see me floating in the water. The black/blue vest I have now, kinda blends in, and it's hard to see a dismounted rider-so I'm searching for a vest, where I can mount it on one of the shoulders of the vest.

Only thing I've found so far is the jettribe Rs15 that has a strap on the shoulder-that would work perfectly. Waiting til the WF's to check them out.

I know this is off topic, but Forget buying crappy batteries at the store. You should check out the Sanyo Eneloops. They are the BEST rechargeable battery hands down. I have had a few sets for years, not only do they out preform the standard junk you buy at the store, but they have the longest sitting shelf life. Basically, most rechargeable batteries loose voltage when they arent in use, which is why everyone hates them, they dont work when you need them. I lost a pair in a flashlight for over a year and found it again, batteries worked perfectly and lasted a long time. Even after sitting in a box

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    I know this is off topic, but Forget buying crappy batteries at the store. You should check out the Sanyo Eneloops. They are the BEST rechargeable battery hands down. I have had a few sets for years, not only do they out preform the standard junk you buy at the store, but they have the longest sitting shelf life. Basically, most rechargeable batteries loose voltage when they arent in use, which is why everyone hates them, they dont work when you need them. I lost a pair in a flashlight for over a year and found it again, batteries worked perfectly and lasted a long time. Even after sitting in a box
    Yea, I have a set in one of my radios-works great.
    But, to just sit in the back of the "Doo", as spares, plain old AA's will do just fine. I have special, dated, lithium batteries in the marine strobe unit-so those will be good until the date. Replacement cost?? I don't think I wanna know-they're good for like 12 years, I think. As long as I don't flash it too many times.

+1
    I replaced the rope in mine with a SD oem tool kit I had.

+1
    Tony, that's not off-topic, that's a very good point. A great flashlight is useless with dead batteries, and a flashlight that's stored in an emergency kit might never get taken out until it's needed in an emergency.

An alternative is what my friends and I call "Duraloops" which are the Duracell version (2000mAh). Look for the white tops. They're frequently on sale at the local chain drugstore.

Iflyems, consider storing your spare batteries in a flashlight that you can actually use. The flashlight I mentioned above holds 4 batteries, and is only slightly larger than the Sea-Doo one.

Banned User
    +1
    I don't think you understand-a flashlight is utterly useless on the iS-suspended model ski. There is nothing to see, and even if you could see something, you couldn't repair it.
    What I need to do is get a spark plug wrench, 3 spark plugs, and maybe a screw driver and a pair of pliers, and put it in the rear storage compartment. Because, really the only thing I can do is replace spark plugs, and possibly tighten 1 clamp, that I can see.
    For everything else, there's "Sea-Tow", and Insurance

+1
    I keep a flash light on my skis to use as a signaling device, in case I am stranded after dark.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I keep a flash light on my skis to use as a signaling device, in case I am stranded after dark.
    I have a white flashing marine strobe for that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information