Kawasaki Jet Ski TS Carburetor Issue

I have 2 1990 Kawasaki Jet Ski TS, one works great, the other does not start. The engine turns over fine but does not run. After trying several things, I finally removed the carburetor from my working Jet Ski, and installed it in the non-working one. And then it started up just fine! After rebuilding the original carburetor, it still does not start. Any suggestions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stepace View Post
    I have 2 1990 Kawasaki Jet Ski TS, one works great, the other does not start. The engine turns over fine but does not run. After trying several things, I finally removed the carburetor from my working Jet Ski, and installed it in the non-working one. And then it started up just fine! After rebuilding the original carburetor, it still does not start. Any suggestions?
    Depends on what the carb is doing. Are you flooding or dry?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    rebuild the carb again. Pay more attention to details. Don't hurry it if you are new at this sort of thing. Watch where the gaskets are going and be sure you have the right gaskets in place. Getting the carb built so an engine will start is easy.the rest of the stuff is where you will likley need help.

gaskets and clear plastics have to go in a specific order. You've already narrowed this to the carb itself, so a couple of hours is all it should take.

I'd pay close attention to the carb needle and release arm..if the arm is too high or too low the engine would not run.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    I'd pay close attention to the carb needle and release arm..if the arm is too high or too low the engine would not run.
    I'm using a clymer manual which says the release arm should be adjusted to be somewhere between 1-2 mm below the base of the housing. That range seems a little large to me. Is there a good way to adjust that other than trial and error?

What brand carb is on it? Mikuni? Keihn? Theres alot of good rebuild guides on the net.

Thread Information