Pre-mix throttle/oil cable

Anybody know what the best thing do with the cable once you go pre-mix?

+1
    There should be two separate cables. disconnect the oil one,and leave the throttle.

+1
    That cable goes from the oil pump to the carb, just across from the throttle cable. Just remove it. If you leave it hanging or tied up if the end gets caught on something it could ruin your day since it can tie up the throttle operation.

...just remove it from the Y up under the steering head then?

+1
    Huh? you should have removed the whole pump with the cables attached...correct? Just slip the oil cable out from the throttle wheel.

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    You can just use a zip-tie to hold it out of the way. Or if you want to see it gone, the "Y" housing does come apart. It's a pain in the butt since it is easier to work on it if you pull the cable all the way out of the ski first.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    You can just use a zip-tie to hold it out of the way. Or if you want to see it gone, the "Y" housing does come apart. It's a pain in the butt since it is easier to work on it if you pull the cable all the way out of the ski first.
    Thanks. And thank ya'll for the responses. Like a dummy, when I pulled the motor (gp1300r) I knew I was gonna go pre-mix, so I just CUT the cable leading to the oil pump (then removed pump/block-off plate installed). And so now if that cable inside ever gets frayed by moving over time, as part of the Y cable that's just left hanging, then it could hang-up and cause my throttle to stick...

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    Thanks. And thank ya'll for the responses. Like a dummy, when I pulled the motor (gp1300r) I knew I was gonna go pre-mix, so I just CUT the cable leading to the oil pump (then removed pump/block-off plate installed). And so now if that cable inside ever gets frayed by moving over time, as part of the Y cable that's just left hanging, then it could hang-up and cause my throttle to stick...
    man oh man!!!

separate the plastic piece that holds the 2 cables into one. it unsnaps by pulling it apart. now remove cable portion, then pull out the cable sheathing, snap the 2 plastic pieces back together and your done... simple as that...

...thanks Andy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    ...thanks Andy!!
    Jimbo! werd bro!

Thread Information