Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this look like excessive carbon from seal?

I have a 2013 GTI 130 SE with 11 hours on it so far. Looking under the seat when checking the oil there appears to be a good bit of carbon dust. Is this amount normal for the hours or do you guys think I have a problem?

Thanks in advance.

+1
    That's excessive. How long did you run it on the hose?

Maybe 45 seconds to a minute. I've only ran it in fresh water so I didn't think it really needed more than that.

+1
    The engine may have been misaligned from the factory. I've never seen that much dust from any brp watercraft. Does it cavitate when you hammer the throttle from a dead stop? Is there any water in your hull after riding? Pop the seat and peek inside while riding (if you feel comfortable doing this) and look to see it water is squirting out from around the carbon seal. If it is, time to realign the engine and install a new carbon seal.
    Good luck!

No cavitation that I can tell. It accelerates fast, and I don't feel any vibration. There is a slight amount of water in the hull after riding, maybe a couple of ounces at the most. Thanks for the advice.

+1
    I had same issue earlier. Think it was how I had hose clamp on carbon ring( not in grove). It was uneven and wore in wrong. Had shit everywhere...

+1
    Not normal... to the dealer!

+1
    Most definitely abnormal! You probably have a lot of cavitation on hole shot. I have near a 100 hours on my TX and have ZERO carbon ring dust.

The engine may be aligned correctly with the pump BUT, the thru hull fitting holding the bellows and carbon ring could be way out of whack! troyheb had the same problem on his PX.
    The entire drive line needs to have all these components checked for proper alignment. Do NOT clean it up and take it to the dealer.

Start reading this thread post # 332 and on - I bet this is your problem: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...170389&page=34

+1
    my 2012PX was way mis-aligned from the factory. Had to add 2 shims to the rear and take one shim from the front. I had a fair amount of dust, when I measured the thickness against new ring it was a little less than a millimeter difference. Can you take a close up of the carbon ring/metal hat area? Lift the PTO flap. By the way my engine/drive train sounds way smoother with a fresh alignment.

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information