Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

What 2 do with FZS

SO after almost two years my FZ will be coming home (maybe) it was stolen and recovered and i will finally get it back of course it needs work and does not run... LET ME SAY no insurance and a loan SUCK I have been paying on NOTHING all this time.. now i get a ski that has been beat 2 shit .... what should i do?

part out (over 10G in aftermarket stuff on it )

get a GP hull and stuff the 1800 engine in that? ( anyone know a shop in FL that can do)

other options????

+1
    How were you even fortunate enough to (hopefully) get it back in one piece? Did the cops end up finding it for you? Figure they get parted out real quick down there once stolen.

That's why I never even think about buying any "deals" on CL from South Florida.
    Last edited by WP3223; 08-31-2013 at 06:30 PM.

+1
    PM me if you want details...the criminals are still lurking on this forum

+1
    Having insurance is a requirement for any loan. If you canceled it to save $100/year thinking you got one over on them......you got what was coming to you.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha FZS'er View Post
    Having insurance is a requirement for any loan. If you canceled it to save $100/year thinking you got one over on them......you got what was coming to you.
    Thanks for your help CLEARLY thats what my post was after, your LACK of KNOWLEDGE.. go troll some other forum..

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    Thanks for your help CLEARLY thats what my post was after, your LACK of KNOWLEDGE.. go troll some other forum..
    I am truly sorry your ski was stolen. I have had things stolen as well. Just saying insurance vs. the cost of the ski is really nothing compared to the alternative.....as you may have learned. Also, for the future, having no insurance on something you have borrowed money on (house, car, motorcycle etc....) violates the terms of the loan and will result in "your" ski being "stolen" by the loan company as a repossession. Once you own the thing, you are still required to carry liability insurance in case you torpedo someone else's yacht. Carrying liability-only insurance saves you some money but you are screwed if it is stolen or falls off your trailer.

My original post was too harsh i agree....but it is clearly your lack of knowledge on display here.
    Last edited by Yamaha FZS'er; 09-01-2013 at 12:17 PM.

+1
    I am truly sorry your ski was stolen. I have had things stolen as well. Just saying insurance vs. the cost of the ski is really nothing compared to the alternative.....as you may have learned. Also, for the future, having no insurance on something you have borrowed money on (house, car, motorcycle etc....) violates the terms of the loan and will result in "your" ski being "stolen" by the loan company as a repossession. Once you own the thing, you are still required to carry liability insurance in case you torpedo someone else's yacht. Carrying liability-only insurance saves you some money but you are screwed if it is stolen or falls off your trailer.

My original post was too harsh i agree....but it is clearly your lack of knowledge on display here.
    without knowing the story behind it you are still speculating, you are more than welcome to PM me and i could have explained it, Instead you want to post on stuff that has 0 to do with what I am after.....

10. +1 by:

+1
    SO after almost two years my FZ will be coming home (maybe) it was stolen and recovered and i will finally get it back of course it needs work and does not run... LET ME SAY no insurance and a loan SUCK I have been paying on NOTHING all this time.. now i get a ski that has been beat 2 shit .... what should i do?

part out (over 10G in aftermarket stuff on it )

get a GP hull and stuff the 1800 engine in that? ( anyone know a shop in FL that can do)

other options????
    Do you what condition the ski is in? Have you seen it? I'm assuming since you want to stuff the engine in a different hull, that your hull is no good, is that correct? Do you know if the engine runs at all? Sorry for your loss. Criminals suck!!

+1
    Insurance in south florida is more like $600-$800 a year for a ski !!! not as cheap as MN

+1
    Don't throw it out or part it out just yet...I have seen some nasty looking skis come back to life with a little TLC. You may find another better looking hull and put your existing engine in it. Your go-fast parts will never be re-sold to get what you paid for them. And when you start all over this is the hardest part...reproducing what you once had. Don't do anything just yet..way your options and try to keep the "money" you spent into a re-build or restoring project.

Can you post pics of the ski and the engine bay?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information