Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just picked up a 95 sl 650

i just picked up a 95 sl 650 start and idles great but did have a slight bog on take off, drove it back to my slip and checked the compression and it has
    120,105,120 now seeing those number i realized this was most likely my problem, low compression on the center cylinder. i my buddy has the camera to look
    into the engine, everything looks good except the center has a baunch of score on the cylinder walls not bad at all. so what i figured since theres only month or
    two left of the season and i dont have the time or money right now for a full rebuild i would just order some rings and do a light hone and replace the rings.
    what do you guys think??

i little history the guy before me replace the dual oulet fuel pump with the tripple and ran all new fuel line,but other then that he seemed like he didnt know to much about polaris pwc. so i am going to check the routing of the fuel lines and make sure he put the restrictor back in the return line, i can almost bet that he forgot to do that.

now other then tripple outlet fuel pump and running new fuel line what other updates would a this year pwc need to have done??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I can never remember which years needed that fuel return restrictor

the 94 and 95 sl 650 had the restictors and mine is 95 i should be going to my marina tonight and ill figure it out!

+1
    Take a look and see what fuel filters you have installed. They should either be OEM Polaris or the combination Fuel/Water separator with filter screen....

Will do thanks I didn't get out there last night but should be going out today.
    I never really looked that close but there was 2 fuel filters and they looked like
    lawn mower filters! Ill definitely check that out today.

well the guy did put the restrictor back in so that wasnt the problem, i didnt check his fuel line routing but i did pull the carbs and when i got them off and i realized that 11 of the 12 screws that kept the carbs in line were missing and its still has the stock fuel switch, the air intake cover only had one screw left causing the to open completely, the gas cap threads has a big crack in it and looks like water got in the fuel, the fuel is 8 months old
    so im going to rebuild the carbs re bolt them to the plate, drain the gas, rerun new fuel lines fix the gas cap,replace the fuel switch and ill let you know how it work out

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 650sl95 View Post
    well the guy did put the restrictor back in so that wasnt the problem, i didnt check his fuel line routing but i did pull the carbs and when i got them off and i realized that 11 of the 12 screws that kept the carbs in line were missing and its still has the stock fuel switch, the air intake cover only had one screw left causing the to open completely, the gas cap threads has a big crack in it and looks like water got in the fuel, the fuel is 8 months old
    so im going to rebuild the carbs re bolt them to the plate, drain the gas, rerun new fuel lines fix the gas cap,replace the fuel switch and ill let you know how it work out
    Might be a lot of small hardware hiding under the engine ...

ya i found alot of the screws and nuts under the engine time for some lock tight, ill have the carbs rebuilt and back on the ski by this weekend. i will let you guys know how it works out!

Well I cleaned the carbs replaced the needle and seats, ran new fuel lines and drained the gas tank, set the carbs to factory settings and it starts and idles good the only problem I noticed and wanna see if you guys could help is when I first start its it spunky and feel great but when im driving out if the no wake zone with very little throttle it seems to load up with fuel the reason I think That is cause when I go to pin the throttle after the no wake its kinda bogs for a couple seconds and then will clear up and runs great untill I let it idle for a while. What

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information