+1

Clutch Washer type, need quick answer

My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? Second question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.

Thanks

they're either the upgraded older rebuild kit with the gold factory washers or they could be Les Cooke ones

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    they're either the upgraded older rebuild kit with the gold factory washers or they could be Les Cooke ones
    Metal? I don't think it matters anyway, its a 185 hp. (no intercooler) so I think it a different number of teeth anyway so it won't fit.

The ones in the pic are metal. And the 185 had more teeth 17

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? The gear on the 185 has 17 teeth were the 215 has 16 teethSecond question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.Those are 08 OEM metal washers,Riva never made gold washers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? The gear on the 185 has 17 teeth were the 215 has 16 teethSecond question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.Those are 08 OEM metal washers,Riva never made gold washers

Thanks
    That's a 04-05 shaft so more than likely less cooke washers or Riva's gold washers first bath of washers(they were same as less cooke).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

Thanks
    That's a 04-05 shaft so more than likely less cooke washers or Riva's gold washers first bath of washers(they were same as less cooke).
    Gotcha,thanks Frank for the info..good to know for future reference..thank you sir..

+1
    So based on the gear, being its a 215 gear, it can't go in a 185 correct. His only option is to do a washer kit.

+1
    So based on the gear, being its a 215 gear, it can't go in a 185 correct. His only option is to do a washer kit.
    Correct, they are not interchangeable. I suggest he send the SC to Jerry for a COMPLETE rebuild kit, not just the washers. Reason being it is 8 years old with only 25 hours, unknown maintenance history, and is not worth taking a chance it coming apart.

Thread Information