Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,179
    +1
    97

    Clutch Washer type, need quick answer

    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? Second question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.



    Thanks


  2. #2
    they're either the upgraded older rebuild kit with the gold factory washers or they could be Les Cooke ones

  3. #3
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,179
    +1
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    they're either the upgraded older rebuild kit with the gold factory washers or they could be Les Cooke ones
    Metal? I don't think it matters anyway, its a 185 hp. (no intercooler) so I think it a different number of teeth anyway so it won't fit.

  4. #4
    The ones in the pic are metal. And the 185 had more teeth 17

  5. #5
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? The gear on the 185 has 17 teeth were the 215 has 16 teethSecond question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.Those are 08 OEM metal washers,Riva never made gold washers



    Thanks


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? The gear on the 185 has 17 teeth were the 215 has 16 teethSecond question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.Those are 08 OEM metal washers,Riva never made gold washers



    Thanks
    That's a 04-05 shaft so more than likely less cooke washers or Riva's gold washers first bath of washers(they were same as less cooke).

  7. #7
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    My friend just brought home a 2005 GTX SC (185HP) or a GTX Limited (215 hp). I has only 25 hrs. on it so I'm betting its running on the original Ceramic washers. So 2 questions, do they use the same super charger or is the 185 have less teeth on the supercharger? The gear on the 185 has 17 teeth were the 215 has 16 teethSecond question is I have a rebuilt 2004 RXP charger, but I can't remember what washers these are. I think there the gold coloured Riva metal washers.Those are 08 OEM metal washers,Riva never made gold washers



    Thanks
    That's a 04-05 shaft so more than likely less cooke washers or Riva's gold washers first bath of washers(they were same as less cooke).
    Gotcha,thanks Frank for the info..good to know for future reference..thank you sir..

  8. #8
    SplishSplash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Belle River Ont Canada
    Posts
    1,179
    +1
    97
    So based on the gear, being its a 215 gear, it can't go in a 185 correct. His only option is to do a washer kit.

  9. #9
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,849
    +1
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    So based on the gear, being its a 215 gear, it can't go in a 185 correct. His only option is to do a washer kit.
    Correct, they are not interchangeable. I suggest he send the SC to Jerry for a COMPLETE rebuild kit, not just the washers. Reason being it is 8 years old with only 25 hours, unknown maintenance history, and is not worth taking a chance it coming apart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need quick answer for OIL Question...
    By tripleflip18 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
  2. Need quick answer,if possible maybe about to purchase a ski!
    By wjstewart in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
  3. Matix Guys Need Quick Answer
    By Keddano in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
  4. Quick Question. Need VERY quick answer. SLX compression
    By ryanbgb22 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 01:29 PM
  5. Tools needed for SC clutch washers install?
    By MRO in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •