GPR1300 High Comp Heads + Keyway

Hi All, Last year I purchased a 4 degree keyway from Rich @ WFO (thanks Mate!!!). But do to some family circumstances I didn't get it installed.

Anyway, moving forward, I remember Rich was saying I needed to get the 3rd cylinder milled. I just cant remember by how much? From memory I think he said it needed to be 5 - 10psi less then the others? Does that sound correct? Also, how much in millimetres is that?

Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks!
    Pete.

Banned User
    +1
    Pete pm rich and see what he says since he's familiar with your setup

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Honroman View Post
    Hi All, Last year I purchased a 4 degree keyway from Rich @ WFO (thanks Mate!!!). But do to some family circumstances I didn't get it installed.

Anyway, moving forward, I remember Rich was saying I needed to get the 3rd cylinder milled. I just cant remember by how much? From memory I think he said it needed to be 5 - 10psi less then the others? Does that sound correct? Also, how much in millimetres is that?

Hope that all makes sense!

Thanks!
    Pete.
    Its best to get the heads milled and cc'd by a shop. The #3 should be 1.5 ccs more than 1 and 2 (if memory serves). Yes, at least 5 psi less than the rest

Hey Rich,

Thanks for that mate. A shop will be installing the Keyway & Heads, but the Keyway is not a very well known mod in Australia so I was just trying to provide the shop as many details as I can.

Thanks!

+1
    Hello Honroman, I am just getting ready to install my 4* keyway that I also got from Rich @ WFO. I am doing it with the engine in the ski. Rich stated if so, you will have to unbolt the front engine mounts and prop the engine up slightly about 3/4" carefully ... this will allow for the wheel housing to be pulled clearly. I would think that your Aussi mates who will be doing the work will know this ... but they can always e-mail Rich for some pointers he is very helpful .... just the time-difference will draw it out. Ha Ha good luck

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello Honroman, I am just getting ready to install my 4* keyway that I also got from Rich @ WFO. I am doing it with the engine in the ski. Rich stated if so, you will have to unbolt the front engine mounts and prop the engine up slightly about 3/4" carefully ... this will allow for the wheel housing to be pulled clearly. I would think that your Aussi mates who will be doing the work will know this ... but they can always e-mail Rich for some pointers he is very helpful .... just the time-difference will draw it out. Ha Ha good luck
    So dont suppose anyone has a tutorial then

Sorry I forgot to mention, that im having the R&D high compression heads installed. However the 1.5cc should still be correct?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Honroman View Post
    Sorry I forgot to mention, that im having the R&D high compression heads installed. However the 1.5cc should still be correct?
    yup on #3 1.5ccs more than the rest is recommended

+1
    Hello, Honroman .. I got my 4* key installed and the 150psi milled heads and all back together. I water tested this past Thursday. It see big improvements both hole shot & top end. I am now in the stage of tuning my fuel controller ... from both Rich @ WFO & Water Woody, this step is the Key to getting the fuel right & max RPMs . Just wanted to let you know my hole shot is now pretty good and the low to mid range is like "wow" difference very peppy now in mid range ... however, still not cracked the 70 GPS mark yet. Very, very close 68.9 and when I get my tachometer installed next week .... I will be able to really get everything dialed in.

Thread Information