EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Anyone have sponsons on RXT?

Just want to know if sponsons decreased top speed in any shape way or form on an RXT.

Actually notice any handling gain with aftermarket sponsons on it?

Of the items in the riva stage 2 for the RXT... i would say the grate reduces top speed, and will sponsons reduce top speed any?

some say the wedge reduces top speed on the 3-seaters....? i have 3 options to play with so that will come later (I Have 2.25 wedge, 2.5 Wedge, or obviously stock NO wedge)

Shibbs, you ride in chop like I do, I don`t think I lost any speed at all with the R&D 2.5 wedge and the G-Force sponsons. GP thinks I gained some top end with the few mods I have with their re-pitch. I`ve never GPS`d it yet. 63-64 almost always and 65 briefly on the calmer rivers...PR...

+1
    in stock form... i didn't see a single gain or loss from a wedge when i did a back to back test on the same day within the same hour in the same spot... my testing with and without the wedge dind't affect my GPS speed by even a tenth of a MPH.... we'll see if that changes after some mods

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Shibby did you notice anything positive from the wedge? Dryer ride? Better chop handling? Anything?

+1
    definitely a drier ride... less nose diving in the chop and ocean for sure!... when it comes down to it, i wish the RXT had a VTS... flat water i go neutral.... chop i'd trim it up.. no different than adding a wedge except u can control the degree by touch of a button

Does anyone know WHY they dont have Trim on the 3 seaters?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    The GTX/RXT platform was never ment to really be any kind of race ski to where VTS would benefit you. I've often wondered how hard it would be to modify it to work in my ski. The drier ride and less tendency to nose dive would be nice considering my rough water riding habits. I've gotten many permanent hair parts from plowing through a wave because of that. I will tell you one thing though, that Riva grate will stay on my ski even if it is costing me 1mph. Hook up in the chop is sick. I would like some sponsons now with the opas gone it has a tendency to spin out if i really try. That can be fun but i still like the idea of being able to handle somewhat.

Thread Information