Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New FX SHO Owner Trailer Question

Hi All. After lurking on the boards for a while I decided to pull the trigger last week on a new 2012 FX SHO before the great end of summer promotions ended. Had to go a couple of hours from home to get a deal I could live with but fortunately it was all done by phone and email. The deal I got was a 2012 FX SHO (verified 2013 sc clutch), 2014 Triton LTWC1 trailer, extended the YES warranty to 5 years, Yamaha cover, fire extinguisher, and number kit for $12,334 + tax.

My question is regarding the trailer. After reading some of the posts I am wondering if I should consider getting the Triton elite instead. The dealer I bought from is not ordering my trailer until early next year as I am not taking delivery of my purchase until next spring. I would just have to pay the difference. I will not be doing a lot of trailering but when I do it will be aprox. 200 miles per trip. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    Do you think you will ever want to add a second ski? Karavan has a fantastic trailer with independent torsion axles that is a single trailer but with a bracket you can take two singles and make them a double trailer. This is ridiculously convenient. Even just as a single it is a trailer you should consider. It has a longer tongue and simply pulls like it is not even there.

+1
    I honestly don't see much difference between the LT and Elite. For me, the load-bearing fenders on the Elite are important, but maybe not for you. I like having a step.

The trailer Vince is talking about is nice. Aluminum, sealed bearing units, and upgradable if you ever get a second ski. But, it also has fenders you can't stand on.

Banned User
    +1
    The Elite is a longer trailer for one. May help at shallow launch ramps. It also uses stainless hardware and a torsion axle. The torsion axles are so nice. They ride nicer, and are quiet, no springs clanking around when you hit a bump. If you dont mind spending a few hundred extra, go for the Elite. I bought the Elite double this spring. I love the trailer. Its just ridiculously wide. Makes for a lot of fun in heavy freeway traffic.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like the torsion suspension would be great for zipping around in Chicago traffic. Can't wait for spring to arrive so I can get my new toy on the water. Last time I owned a ski was eight years ago. Things sure have improved/changed a lot since then.

welcome to the team

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    The Elite is a longer trailer for one. May help at shallow launch ramps. It also uses stainless hardware and a torsion axle. The torsion axles are so nice. They ride nicer, and are quiet, no springs clanking around when you hit a bump. If you dont mind spending a few hundred extra, go for the Elite. I bought the Elite double this spring. I love the trailer. Its just ridiculously wide. Makes for a lot of fun in heavy freeway traffic.
    Bryan, I didn't know they'd use different hardware! On the single trailers, the LT and Elite both have torsion axles.

I have had 2 Elite WCII trailers (both stolen), and will be picking up the third this week. Triton makes a great trailer!

Well I stopped by the dealer today and saw my new ski for the first time. Can't wait till spring arrives so I can get it out on the water. Dealer was very nice about allowing me to upgrade the LTWC1 to the Elite. The elite was not in inventory so I will be getting a 2014 model. The price difference was only $250 which seemed like a small price to pay based on the positive comments I read here and else where. Thanks to all that responded to my post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by max432 View Post
    Well I stopped by the dealer today and saw my new ski for the first time. Can't wait till spring arrives so I can get it out on the water. Dealer was very nice about allowing me to upgrade the LTWC1 to the Elite. The elite was not in inventory so I will be getting a 2014 model. The price difference was only $250 which seemed like a small price to pay based on the positive comments I read here and else where. Thanks to all that responded to my post
    Make sure they set the trailer up right. We picked up our new skis last night on a new Elite WCII, and had to spend an hour at the ramp today fixing it. The winch arms were on the wrong sides, the bunks were improperly spaced on both skis, and they were hanging off the back so far that my straps wouldn't reach.

Quote Originally Posted by capndik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max432 View Post
    Make sure they set the trailer up right. We picked up our new skis last night on a new Elite WCII, and had to spend an hour at the ramp today fixing it. The winch arms were on the wrong sides, the bunks were improperly spaced on both skis, and they were hanging off the back so far that my straps wouldn't reach.
    Not sure if I would know if it was set up correctly or not. The dealer primarily sells Triton, is well established, and customer oriented. Anything in particular I should look out for? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information