Thread: VTS on 2004 RXP

VTS on 2004 RXP

The VTS on 2004 RXP does not work, motor is good. Switch wires are ok to the electronic module. What is supposed to happen after that, what two wires receive what signal to direct the vts electronic unit. I have the wiring diagram but cannot tell what is supposed to happen after the module. VTS gauge shows no visual.

did you test out your VTS box? it may be bad..

take a look at this write up, it might help you http://www.sea-doo.net/techarticles/vts/index.html

3. +1 by:

+1
    My guess is your VTS unit is bad. Was there water when you removed the vts cover? Sometimes the mpem forgets it has a vts unit when the battery is removed. You have to take it to the dealer or buy a CanDoo for them to check and see if the check box is active. For me, I had water in the box and I replaced it, and it still didn't work. Took it to the dealer and the box was un-checked. Works fine now!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
    The VTS on 2004 RXP does not work, motor is good. Switch wires are ok to the electronic module. What is supposed to happen after that, what two wires receive what signal to direct the vts electronic unit. I have the wiring diagram but cannot tell what is supposed to happen after the module. VTS gauge shows no visual.
    My 04 RXP has a similar problem.... the VTS digital marker on the display will randomly vanish during riding and then after a quick restart it comes back. At times I see it flutter up and down a notch and I am not even touching it..... not sure why

+1
    VTS unit may have a bad connection...

Thanks to all for the comments. I had taken it to dealer to reset/reregister the vts with the computer and the technician said it needed a switch. I had to do that before as you mentioned, the vts will loose its registration with the electronic module when the battery is disconnected for a period of time. Well not true. So, I was trying to diagnose the wiring prior to the vts box. Taking to "another" dealer (hopefully much better & more knowledgeable) tomorrow for the official diagnosis and repair. Shall let you know what I find out.

The VTS unit had to be reregistered with the EM by the dealer, works find now. My electronic module is maintaining the memory for the VTS if it is unhooked from the battery for a certain period of time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
    I had to do that before as you mentioned, the vts will loose its registration with the electronic module when the battery is disconnected for a period of time. Well not true.
    This is correct,if the battery is disconnected for a long period of time the VTS amd MPEM for some weird reason loose each other....a common problem...especially after the winter when people take their batteries out of their skis....

+1
    candoo can also do that
    and clear any codes

11. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    candoo can also do that
    and clear any codes
    +1

Thread Information