Ride plate and seal kit (Riva)
    Cold air Intake (R&D)
    Ribbon Delete (R&D)
    ECU Reflash (R&D)
    Skat Trak 13/16.5
    Free flow exhaust (Riva)
    Sponsons (Riva)
    Performance Filter

At first before all of the mods and just the stock except for the ribbon delete and seal kit, I was hitting 66.7 and then I did the above mods with stock air box and was hitting 68.5 with Solas impeller, however R&D told me not to use a Solas and use Skat, so I did and they said use the filter directly onto the throttle body, did those changes and ski ran slower. First run with Solas ski ran 7470 rpm, and then after with Skat ran 7680 but max speed was 66.5. I at a loss, and need any advice.

I really don't like the R&D cold air intake so I ordered the Riva cold air intake, I think that filter over my throttle body is bogging my ski down. R&D recommended I change intake grate back to stock and use Chevron gas at 93 octane.

I also wanted to know if you get better performance if the impeller is shinny or not? Please help, thanks !

A Shiney impeller gave me 3 mph a much better hole shot.

Remove the airfilter and use it without to see if the filter is causing the bogging. Also, when did you replace your spark plugs last?

+1
    Maybe the third time is the charm

Dion, I'm not familiar with the R&D reflashes, do you know which one it was? What the rev limiter is on it? What's your elevation and air temp where you are doing the runs?

The Riva grate will slow you down. I've heard the Riva plate also slows you down. If you want top speed primarily, you will want to go back to the stock plate and to the R&D grate. Running the stock grate on a modified ski seems to be risky. I personally like the Riva grate despite it slowing me down on glass.

My suggestions:

-Put the stock ride plate back on and add two fender waters to the rear bolts

-Do a run with the seat on, then do a run with the seat off or slid back a hair. (needs to be glass smooth water to be safe and it's going to be loud) Note the difference in RPMs between them. If the RPMs are a lot higher with seat off, then you need to work on your air intake to get more air into the engine compartment

Once you get those things sorted out, then check what you RPMs are at top speed at that point, check what the rev limiter is on the reflash and target a repitch to get you 100-150 RPM or so from your rev limiter. I'd suggest using the Skat prop and sending it back to Skat for repitches to get the RPMs right.

I don't have any experience with the Solas, but everyone I've seen that put one on a VXR on this forum seems to end up with it broken.

Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    A Shiney impeller gave me 3 mph a much better hole shot.

Remove the airfilter and use it without to see if the filter is causing the bogging. Also, when did you replace your spark plugs last?
    I am going to remove the filter and put the Riva cold air intake on it, my spark plugs were replaced in April of this year. Thanks.

Thanks, I believe it's the R&D filter on my throttle that is causing the bogging down, I am going to polish up the stock ride plate and see how that does. I didn't understand what you ment by "add two fender waters to the rear bolts". I will stick with the grate since I just purchased it from Riva a month ago. R&D reflashed my ECU for 7950 and stated I should hit 73+. I am not using the Solas impeller, I am using the Skat which I purchased from R&D, they guarantee it is pitched at 13/16.5. Glen at R&D stated that its good to go, and made the suggestion to put the stock plate back on. The program R&D used was R3 ECU, however I am not satisfied with that he made the determination for me and put the rev limiter to allow 7950 RPM's vice 8350 or 8450 RPM’s. I will let R&D know that tonight that I am sending my ECU back.

+1
    put your sponsons on the least aggressive setting. You wont see much over 8100 and still get gains as you will become less efficient byond this point.
    stay with a 16.5 and open up your nozzle by 1mm. top end will hardly move but you will get going quicker. Riva intake takes off 2-3 mph. Its not ya ECU. The R3 is a good tune. Just have a think about the whole package working in unison, dont expect massive gains from any one mod on this platform.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorVXR View Post
    I didn't understand what you ment by "add two fender waters to the rear bolts".
    Typo on my part:

https://www.google.com/search?q=fender+washer

Thread Information