Question Please help me with my F12X problem

I was able to get my Skis in the water for the first time this past weekend. Something about my fractured back kept me from enjoying my summer

Both skis were super sluggish, I couldn't get either to rev over 3900 RPM and there was certainly no forced induction going on!! I have read about Wastegate issues - is this what I was experiencing?

After about 1/2 hour of puttering around the lake my ski pulled a hole shot All the problems went away and my performance stayed that way for the rest of the afternoon. The other ski did not and we eventually put it back on the trailer.

If the problem is a sticking Wastegate, how do you un-stick it? What exactly is happening? Is the Wastegate sticking open so that boost does not build or what? How difficult are they to remove? I see from searching that H20xtremeworldwide.com has them for sale. Is that my only resolution?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Brian

Another thing, I've been reading about the wastegate solenoid. Is this a possibility as well? Can someone explain the solenoid function? I would think that if the wastegate was frozen the ski would excellerate fine but when the boost maximum was reached the computer would shut it down and force it not limp mode.

Brian

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Remove intake tube and see if it turns freely sometimes the co mpressor wheel will get stuck

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    On the turbo

Rick, so you don't think it's a wastegate or solenoid problem? The skis are stored over an hour away, what tools do I need to remove the intake tube?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Basic hand tools screw driver

white, make you a bet. ill bet its either waste, sparkplugs or turbo stuck. Honda is so self explanatory.

The weird thing is both of them were doing the same thing. I fractured my back last year before I could get them in the water so they haven't been used since September 2011 other than starting them up a few times. They are both very low hour skis and the engine compartment looks brand new, no rust or gunk to be seen. What's the general opinion of Sea Foam by the way, good or bad idea?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blinn View Post
    The weird thing is both of them were doing the same thing. I fractured my back last year before I could get them in the water so they haven't been used since September 2011 other than starting them up a few times. They are both very low hour skis and the engine compartment looks brand new, no rust or gunk to be seen. What's the general opinion of Sea Foam by the way, good or bad idea?

Did you see if the compressor wheel was stuck?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Hose on intake side of turbo that goes to air filter box, remove that and break free the stuck turbo compressor wheel, when they sit it often can happen, sounds like the other ski freed up on its own

Thread Information