Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

seadoo vs kawasaki

Does kawasaki have all the mechanical problems these seadoo 4tec's have?! Im wondering if I've been buying the wrong brand of water toys. I have speedster 200 and 05 gtx limited, and 2- 2 stroke skis. It seems like everytime I turn around theres a problem to fix with these seadoos. Supercharger washers, flywheel bolts breaking, rocker shafts breaking, RFI rectifiers burning up, gas tanks blowing up, exhaust valves dropping! I dont hear anything bad about kawasaki skis. I am digging the new 300 hp eaton supercharged ski. No lag, instant boost. Just saying.

Banned User
    +1
    Each ski has there positives. The 13.5 ultra is the best ultra yet and the 14 model will be even better. I won't get into the seedoo kawi debate. But I'm very happy with my 300s and they suit my needs. Some say they require more maintenance then others personal opinion I guess. If you like the ski go try one out and that should make up your mind. If you do get one get a 13.5 or 14

+1
    It's personal choice what you buy, all skis can have problems, most comedown to maintenance, I have seen all skis sink and fck up, does not matter which brand it is!

+1
    It's all in the maintenance..

+1
    The Kawi's are problem free with no known defects. Their dealers only have service departments to provide oil changes and winterization services.

+1
    Anytime you have 4 toys your running like that I can see how you may feel like your always having problems. Add in salt water and if your not keeping up with maintenance religiously it just increases the chances of issues 10 fold. PWC's are built to last about 10 years. Sure many people get much more years out of them. It's like having 4 cars with 200K in miles on each of them and wondering why the guy with a 2012 Toyota Camry has no problems. But any PWC that is approaching 10 years or over 10 years old is going to have some problems that need attention.

All the companies have issues on some level. Personally if I was you I'd sell it all and buy two newer skis (2010+ Seadoos or 2011+ Kaw. or 2009+ Yamaha, 14 FZR looks promising). If you want a boat then just go buy a well maintained mid 90's or newer 18-22' bowrider.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    The Kawi's are problem free with no known defects. Their dealers only have service departments to provide oil changes and winterization services.
    I wouldn't go that far but they are pretty good.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far but they are pretty good.

Sean
    Uh, that was a joke, not to be taken seriously......

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    Anytime you have 4 toys your running like that I can see how you may feel like your always having problems. Add in salt water and if your not keeping up with maintenance religiously it just increases the chances of issues 10 fold. PWC's are built to last about 10 years. Sure many people get much more years out of them. It's like having 4 cars with 200K in miles on each of them and wondering why the guy with a 2012 Toyota Camry has no problems. But any PWC that is approaching 10 years or over 10 years old is going to have some problems that need attention.

All the companies have issues on some level. Personally if I was you I'd sell it all and buy two newer skis (2010+ Seadoos or 2011+ Kaw. or 2009+ Yamaha, 14 FZR looks promising). If you want a boat then just go buy a well maintained mid 90's or newer 18-22' bowrider.
    No, I understand maintenance is a must. I knew that getting into these skiis. But this is all poor engineering. Ceramic washers, under rated bolts on the flywheels, under powered charging components. exhaust valves coming apart. I'm not hating on seadoos. I like the brand and look but I probably should have looked around at other brands. And newer doest mean its going to be better. My boat and skiis are low hours and well kept. Just one of my skiis I bought already blown by the previous owner. Supercharger failure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information