+1

Kneeboarding question.

I have an old wakeboard that was given to me when I purchase a used pwc. I have never use one and after looking at Internet about them, it look like it is missing the binding boots. It is a old hyperlite offshore. There is sticker on it with "#2276 Long 99/02."

I have attached a picture of it. Can anymore tell me where to get the parts or if I can just by any hyperlite boot and put it on?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	312532  

Banned User
    +1
    That's a very very very old board and bindings. Those Early models are heavy and old technology. It's a very basic beginner board meant for surface tricks only at best. Yes you can put on any binding and highly recommend a closed toe. Your better off buying a newer setup to be honest. How tall and heavy are you?

Banned User
    +1
    You will find a newer board beginner entry level board will feel much more stable, lighter, and easier to progress on

If your looking to see if its something you want to get into and try it out its fine

I personally found, that learning on the crappiest board possible only makes you THAT much better when it comes time to use a good board. I learned on the heaviest turd out there, and it made my take off's a gazillion times better. Also, I did have bindings either, do it 'wake skate ' style. If you can learn to get up on that board, there will be no board you can't tackle. But you'll be sore and tired as hell for a week.

Banned User
    +1
    There's plenty of tips on the basics at www.wakeworld.com as well

+1
    Cool, I think I better start of with a kneeboard. I see how hard it is for wakeboard on YouTube. I am not that strong.

+1
    IMO kneeboarding is boring compared to wakeboarding. With wakeboarding i'm always trying new tricks and jumps. on the kneeboard i can do surface spins but i dont see what else there is to do, you have to be pretty good to jump on a kneeboard. I dont think strength is a problem for wakeboarding, I pulled myself up on the board when I was 11.

wakeskating was the new thing this summer though

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by birdgod View Post
    Cool, I think I better start of with a kneeboard. I see how hard it is for wakeboard on YouTube. I am not that strong.
    If your doing it correctly it takes no more strength than a 110
    Lb woman has

If your muscling the board your doing it all wrong
    Kneeboarding kills your back and knees unless a young pup

It's easier to go wake to wake on a kneeboard rather than a wakeboard. Spins are easy but get boring. Barrel rolls are a cool easy trick to practice . Speed is your friend on a kneeboard

I'd have to agree that wake boarding and kneeboarding are completely different animals. Once you get the knack of getting up on a wakeboard it's gravy. As for those binding, I'd replace them completely with any of the boot style bindings. You can get them at any board store or eBay.

And I just realized how old this thread is. Lol

Thread Information